1911 Frame carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1911 Frame carry

So I have been doing a lot of research. Always looking for more thought. Opinions or preferences on a 1911 carry pistol. Open to thoughts on caliber as well. 9 vs. .45. I have shot both.

Start here at the SIG SAUER Store online! Browse featured products, parts, accessories, sale items, back in stock and top sellers!

carried one of these for a long time. awesome pistol. compact, concealable, but not a micro gun..

Comment

I used to carry a 5" 1911. It got heavy after a few hours.
      Switched to an XDS and thinking of trading that towards a Glock maybe...

Comment

I have the Lightweight Commander with a 4.25" barrel. Pick a caliber you like. There is no difference if shot placement is incorrect. I had considered the Colt Defender with the 3" barrel but didn't think the 1.25" would make much of a difference with the type of holster I carry.

Comment

Been carrying since shortly after the law was passed. Carried a 1911 compact for a long time mostly in a front pocket holster. It's doable but heavy. I think the Sig P365 is going to be my forever carry gun now.

Comment

I actually really like 1911s for their thinness. Their weight doesnt bother me, but having something dig into my sides from being too wide sucks. I have one in 10mm.

Comment

I carry a Kimber Micro 9 ESV

Comment

If I was going to carry a 1911, it would be one the size of that 3-inch Kimber that has the shortened grip. I can't remember the name of the gun exactly maybe Ultra Carry or something like that. It has an alloy frame but the ones I've shot even in 45 were very manageable recoil wise. And if I was carrying a 1911, I would carry it in 45 ACP. That said I would actually not carry a 1911, I would pick a plastic gun, probably in 40 caliber.

Comment

Colt lightweight commander in .45 ACP is what I like.

Comment

I like my Springfield emp ccc model 9mm.

Comment

I just like the 1911 feel vs. plastic gun. Maybe I’m crazy

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                        I just like the 1911 feel vs. plastic gun. Maybe I’m crazy
                        Not at all crazy, I prefer the 1911 over plastic guns as well. I just don't prefer them for carry because they hold less bullets and weigh more. That don't mean they're not good guns though.

Comment

I’ve carried a 1911 45 for years and still do when I’m feeling nostalgic. I’ve gotten to lazy in my old again to wanna that heavy a pistol around all the time. I do carry in a good leather custom holster and a good stiff gun belt when I do.

Comment

My preference is a LW Commander as well...I like 45 & the 38 Super.

STI & Dan Wesson make some of the best guns for the $$$$ IMO...not cheap per say but nothing like Wilson / NightHawk $$$$.

Comment

I carried a Colt Concealed Carry Officers for years. Alloy frame, stainless slide. Officers grip length, 4.25" barrel. Easy with the right holster.

Comment

Working...
                              X