No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bridge boss was just having a bad afternoon. Im not saying what the rules are. I was playing by his rules at that moment

Comment

Made a trip down last weekend. Brush is looking good and our deer were about 80% shed in very good shape given this time of year. Hopefully these waves of moisture keep coming. Big cats and fighting robbed us of a few good ones. Spring is definitely in the Air

Comment

Originally posted by chuy43 View Post
        What web site and what is the safe zone?

Found it. Now whether the border employees actually all follow these same guidelines is a crap shoot. It seems the rules always change according to who’s working at the time.

You need to obtain a Temporary Import Permit to drive a foreign-plated vehicle into Mexico. This article answers commonly-asked questions about a vehicle TIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really Good info there. Too good

Comment

So after looking at web site and since I was told ranch on pipeline road is 15 miles from border I should be able to to drive into Mexico without permit. Does that mean I can pull trailer and atv also without permits? Also not sure which bridge to cross. The guy offering spot on ranch has been hunting years in Mexico and makes it sound easy but he's friend of a friend in my hometown.I'm just trying to to verify info . Checked my Progressive Insurance good for 25 miles.
            Last edited by chuy43; 04-07-2023, 12:04 PM.

Comment

So after looking at web site and since I was told ranch on pipeline road is 15 miles from border I should be able to to drive into Mexico without permit. Does that mean I can pull trailer and atv also without permits? Also not sure which bridge to cross. The guy offering spot on ranch has been hunting years in Mexico and makes it sound easy but he's friend of a friend in my hometown.I'm just trying to to verify info . Checked my Progressive Insurance good for 25 miles.

I’ll let you know in a couple weeks when I cross Columbia Crossing with a 20 foot utility trailer. The guys that just got off our lease did not have to permit their trailers. Just show registration paperwork. But like I said, the rules seem to be sketchy at best depending on who’s working.

Comment

1.5 inches last night off of 85 close to 2nd checkpoint

Comment

Old Mexico 2023

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                  I’ll let you know in a couple weeks when I cross Columbia Crossing with a 20 foot utility trailer. The guys that just got off our lease did not have to permit their trailers. Just show registration paperwork. But like I said, the rules seem to be sketchy at best depending on who’s working.

Shouldn’t need a permit for truck or trailer unless you go past interior checkpoint (25K mark). They have in recent years been making people get a permit on ATV’s at most of the bridges. The only bridge I know that hasn’t been requiring a permit for ATV’s is Laredo bridge and Falcon Lake crossing.

Comment

Spent 5 days earlier this month driving all through the interior of Mexico down to and past Mexico City. Never felt scared at any point despite being told before leaving from every gringo I know that this gringo wasn't going to make it back alive. Saw plenty of beautiful hunting opportunities (cheap!) and am starting to think about it. Only thing is that I flew in and dodged all the border crossings and border towns, and most of the locals told me thats where are all the problems for me would be. Wouldn't be worth it to have to fly in everytime to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Spent 5 days earlier this month driving all through the interior of Mexico down to and past Mexico City. Never felt scared at any point despite being told before leaving from every gringo I know that this gringo wasn't going to make it back alive. Saw plenty of beautiful hunting opportunities (cheap!) and am starting to think about it. Only thing is that I flew in and dodged all the border crossings and border towns, and most of the locals told me thats where are all the problems for me would be. Wouldn't be worth it to have to fly in everytime to hunt.

Most on this post have been hunting Mx for many many years and haven’t experienced anything significant enough to stop us from driving into Mx. Take that for what its worth.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                        1.5 inches last night off of 85 close to 2nd checkpoint
                        Gonna do wonders for our brush right at the right time. Setting up to be a good one.

Comment

Old Mexico 2023

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                          Made a trip down last weekend. Brush is looking good and our deer were about 80% shed in very good shape given this time of year. Hopefully these waves of moisture keep coming. Big cats and fighting robbed us of a few good ones. Spring is definitely in the Air

Bo, did you measure the main beam on the lower right shed? Looks long.

Comment

You will be able to drive the truck and pull a trailer without a permit. As soon as you load an ATV on that trailer you will be required to permit all three at Colombia unless you get lucky…truck, trailer, and ATV. The permits last for 180 days and you will receive your deposit back as long as you have the vehicle with trailer and ATV checked out before the expiration date of the permit. The permit can be obtained at the bridge while you are crossing. You will need original proof of ownership documents (title or registration) to present to the Banjercito office for truck, trailer and ATV. It can seem intimidating, but is an easy process if you have all of your documentation. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions about it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Bo, did you measure the main beam on the lower right shed? Looks long.

I did not bud. I just threw it on the pile when we rolled out. He's a 9/10yr old deer we hope will pop this yr.

Comment

Like the previous post mentioned, you will need a permit for everything if you're pulling a buggy through Colombia. You've got a decent chance of getting through at Laredo without having to get a permit, but as you have probably heard, it all depends on who you get on the Mexican side. Colombia is the safer bridge to cross and Laredo is the easier bridge to cross, from my experience. If you're driving a new truck pulling a trailer with buggy, I'd recommend crossing at Colombia.

Hunting in Mexico is easy once you've got some experience and know how everything works. I'd highly recommend that you have someone from Angadi meet you at the border to help with your permits, especially if you don't speak Spanish.

Comment

Working...
                                X