Help me find a old song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me find a old song

Working thru the coastal bend and line ends near Midfield, Tx. There was a song that started with the singer going to town with his Dad after Dad told his Mom

“MOMMA I’M GOING TO TOWN AND I’M TAKING THE BOY WITH ME!”

Song’s premise is basically about the little beer joint at the intersection of 111 and 72 in the town to brave/strong/small (where the memory gets fuzzy) to die.

Anyone want to help a fuzzy memory out with a artist/name of song???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Russ81; 03-29-2023, 12:27 AM.

Never fails ask and it’ll pop up [emoji23]

[ame="https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=jP9s9QPa7hY&feature=share"]Your browser is deprecated. Please upgrade.[/ame]

Comment

That little place brings back some memories from 40 years ago.

Comment

Used to roll through there on my way from Victoria to Bay City

Comment

Tin Top...nope thats 521 and 1095.

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
            Tin Top...nope thats 521 and 1095.
            Yup, last round before Mad Island

Comment

I recognize that intersection as well. I went through Midfield many times going from Lavaca County to Bay City or Van Vleck. I got to know a few people who farmed and ranched in that area since I was a county agent in Matgorda County back then.

Comment

Do you have Shazam?

Comment

Just to be clear, this is not in reference to Dorothy's? I passed that joint many a time going to Sargent from SA.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
                    Just to be clear, this is not in reference to Dorothy's? I passed that joint many a time going to Sargent from SA.

The one and only, if you look at the east side of the building the title of the song is painted on the wall under the lean too.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                      Working thru the coastal bend and line ends near Midfield, Tx. There was a song that started with the singer going to town with his Dad after Dad told his Mom

“MOMMA I’M GOING TO TOWN AND I’M TAKING THE BOY WITH ME!”

Song’s premise is basically about the little beer joint at the intersection of 111 and 72 in the town to brave/strong/small (where the memory gets fuzzy) to die.

Anyone want to help a fuzzy memory out with a artist/name of song???

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230329/a57e09971c0df9daa2704a3b2659a21a.jpg[/IMG
                      That little gem is Dorothy’s. Drank a few in there with the wooden Indian coming home from fishing East Bay over the years. Can’t help you with the song. Sorry.

Comment

When I was growing up, we would often haul the little Ouachita from Jones Creek to Lake Texana to crappie fish under the 111 bridge. Passed by that place many times, I'm sure we must have stopped a time or two. My dad wasn't much on passing by an old beer joint without stopping in.

Comment

Originally posted by CLR View Post
                          That little gem is Dorothy’s. Drank a few in there with the wooden Indian coming home from fishing East Bay over the years. Can’t help you with the song. Sorry.
                          See above I found it

Comment

Working...
                          X