College Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    Using angry Tech fan as data is pretty weak.

It was Beard’s team, but Texas has two 5 stars coming in and Rodney Terry was the point man on both recruitments. Donewald was the guy that found Jabari Rice. All these dudes got better under Terry. None of the assistant coaches are following Beard.

Point being, the dudes that made the team are all staying except the one that Ole Miss hired.
    I guess we will see. He has no other success as a HC.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      Using angry Tech fan as data is pretty weak.

It was Beard’s team, but Texas has two 5 stars coming in and Rodney Terry was the point man on both recruitments. Donewald was the guy that found Jabari Rice. All these dudes got better under Terry. None of the assistant coaches are following Beard.

Point being, the dudes that made the team are all staying except the one that Ole Miss hired.
      Your first sentence is weaker than weak. I said absolutely nothing about fans. I am referring to Tech's 9th place finish in the conference.

Even funnier is you are saying similar things to what those fans you referred to said.

I wish him well and hope he surpasses coach K in championships. What is it they say? Show me.
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-28-2023, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I can't believe you dudes bicker back and forth about this crap and NO ONE has even mentioned the North Texas come for behind victory a few minutes ago against Wisconsin! No North Texas alumni/fans in this crowd? SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I can't believe you dudes bicker back and forth about this crap and NO ONE has even mentioned the North Texas come for behind victory a few minutes ago against Wisconsin! No North Texas alumni/fans in this crowd? SMH.

In the loser’s tournament?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

College Hoops Thread

Congrats UNT.

Tech has to wait longer on their coach.
            Last edited by Heath; 03-28-2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

College Hoops Thread

Do you believe in the Mean Green!!
              Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2023, 09:49 PM.

Comment

College Hoops Thread

I can’t believe you are complaining about something! [emoji2359][emoji23] SMH!

Comment

Awesome game by UNT. Held a good Wisconsin team scoreless for the last 9.5 minutes of the game with some solid defense. Saw Scott Drew was in attendance for support for his guy McCasland, which is pretty darn cool for a former boss to do (lol or he was scouting for soon to be portal players )

UNT vs UAB for NIT Championship tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Do you believe in the Mean Green!!
                    Of course. I watched the win, and then looked to see what you girls would say about it...crickets! Not ONE acknowledgement. Some of you guys have your loyalties mixed up!

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                    Awesome game by UNT. Held a good Wisconsin team scoreless for the last 9.5 minutes of the game with some solid defense. Saw Scott Drew was in attendance for support for his guy McCasland, which is pretty darn cool for a former boss to do (lol or he was scouting for soon to be portal players )

UNT vs UAB for NIT Championship tomorrow night.
                    Yep!

Comment

Of course. I watched the win, and then looked to see what you girls would say about it...crickets! Not ONE acknowledgement. Some of you guys have your loyalties mixed up!

Yep!

“Do you believe in the Mean Green!?!”

Burnadell…. That is a famous call for North Texas by George Dunham when they pull off an upset or a big win. It wasn’t a question..[emoji23]

Last I looked they were a pretty good ways down and I turned it off. They were playing for 66th and possibly 65th place battling in the NIT tournament. I switched my entire focus to the Horns and Aggies playing my favorite sport in a close game. Basketball is my 2nd least favorite after soccer. I apologize to the grumpy old fartdom if I did not hold myself up to YOUR standards quick enough but I appreciate you informing the masses. [emoji23][emoji23]. God bless my soul as it is condemned to an future azz whippin’![emoji41]. Glad they won though!

Comment

What is the point of the NIT? I don’t understand why it exists.

If you take the 64-66 best teams in the country to a playoff tournament, I can’t even see a scenario where the NIT win would mean anything.

Comment

It's not really the 68 best teams due to all the auromatic bids. I'd bet the NIT champ os about 33rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

If you take the 64-66 best teams in the country to a playoff tournament, I can’t even see a scenario where the NIT win would mean anything.

I would probably agree with you most of the time. However, FAU won the Conference USA conference and tournament for the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. They are now in the final four of that tournament. North Texas finished second in Conference USA and UAB third in Conference USA. It looks like that conference might be pretty solid in basketball this year!

Comment

College Hoops Thread

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Just a guess…. To give the folks left out something to do and make somebody some TV money.

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                                I would probably agree with you most of the time. However, FAU won the Conference USA conference and tournament for the automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. They are now in the final four of that tournament. North Texas finished second in Conference USA and UAB third in Conference USA. It looks like that conference might be pretty solid in basketball this year!
                                UNT should've been in tourney and Wisconsin was a first 4 out type team, if i recall. Not saying either would've won it but definitely right there on caliber of team. I'm also not a big believer of the NIT and was glad when Tech turned it down regardless of off court stuff. BUT for a G5 school or some smaller schools that have a way harder route to The Dance, it is a good consolation prize. But agree, C-USA is playing some good Bball.

Comment

Working...
                                X