Restaurants in LaVernia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurants in LaVernia

We have a visitation in LaVernia Friday and was wondering if there are any good restaurants there Thanks. Fjb

I enjoy The Den. A menu that has a little bit of everything. Huge indoor seating with a very sizeable outdoor seating. A lot of room for kids to run around. I have went about four times and enjoyed it each time.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
      I enjoy The Den. A menu that has a little bit of everything. Huge indoor seating with a very sizeable outdoor seating. A lot of room for kids to run around. I have went about four times and enjoyed it each time.
      The bar there is also a nice plus!!

Comment

+1 (940) 632-8982

Call Tyler he runs a food truck in La Vernia great barbecue!

Comment

It’s called double T barbecue, can look him up also on instagram or facebook

Comment

The Den is where I’d go. Have always had good food there.

Comment

Buffalo joes has some great sandwiches for lunch

Comment

Thanks. The first time and last time I ate at The Den my food had stainless steel metal wire from the grill brush in it. I called the waiter over and he said he would go get the manager. After 15 minutes and no one showed back up. I paid the bill and told the cashier and still no response from anyone. I was hoping someone would suggest somewhere other than The Den.

Comment

Go 9 miles north of LV to New Berlin Rabels BBQ …. Den is ok kinda cafe food nothing special other than that it’s either Mexican food or fast food.

Right now Rabel’s is having fish and shrimp on Fridays
                  Last edited by STXBOWHUNTER73; 03-28-2023, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
                    Go 9 miles north of LV to New Berlin Rabels BBQ …. Den is ok kinda cafe food nothing special other than that it’s either Mexican food or fast food.
                    Or to the Mexican food place in New Berlin. I think it is called El Cowboy. ( instead of Sely’s)

There is also Witte’s on 87 but it has been a while since I have been in there.

Comment

It’s past Floresville on 181 heading south in Poth, but there is a place called Circle G. Everything I’ve eaten there has been good and it always is really busy when I pass by it in the mornings.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        Thanks. The first time and last time I ate at The Den my food had stainless steel metal wire from the grill brush in it. I called the waiter over and he said he would go get the manager. After 15 minutes and no one showed back up. I paid the bill and told the cashier and still no response from anyone. I was hoping someone would suggest somewhere other than The Den.
                        I am not a fan of the Den, the food is not that great and there are much better choices for a sit down restaurant. Wittes is not very clean and Melanies' is not much. Pollo El Gallo has good chicken and their hamburgers are good too, it is located in the old Baumanns grocery store along 87. Another place that has very good Tex Mex is in China Grove on 87 just a few miles past 1604, it is called Chile Verde. Both places are very clean, sell beer and the service is good.

Comment

I’m a fan of Capparelli’s.

Check out our menu and what delicious Italian dishes we offer at Capparelli's.

Comment

La Vernia has busted out recently with food joints from Barb Wire Burgers, Rice to Go, a new drive through building that looks like one of those liquor store drive throughs, there are new Mexican places on 87. There are a plethora of places to eat in a small area. None of them are just have to go there kinda places though.

Comment

Sorry to hear about The Den on your experience.
                              My next go to would be Kicaster Country Store about a five minute drive south of La Vernia.

Comment

Working...
                              X