No announcement yet.

White bass 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to head up one of the creeks tomorrow on Ray Rob. 1.3 miles from launch to creek mouth. Going to go as deep as I can in a 12ft kayak. Ready to find those sandies.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Covered 5 miles in the kayak this morning. Deep- 0 bites. Mouth of creek- 0 bites. Way back in the creek- 0 bites.

Was throwing roostertails and jigs. I went back into the creek as far as my kayak would make it.

But, zero water flow. The water looked almost stagnant.

Comment

Any good places to potentially find some around Greenville/Lake Tawakoni area? Only fished them on the main lake but would like to take my boys from a shoreline without the boat.

Comment

what lures/ baits is everyone using?

Comment

Originally posted by Ag28 View Post
            Almost anything.

White or chartreuse grubs and blue over chrome traps are my favorite

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to Llela tomorrow and hope they’ve started moving in but I think it may be a little early

Anyone seeing them around DFW lately?
              Last edited by hooligan; 03-02-2023, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag28 View Post

I hammered them all last week on any color paddle tail Slabalicious from Strike King. Primarily the silver body with chartreuse tail or blue and white. Both on 1/8th oz jighead steady retrieve. Caught over 100 each trip and kept a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's about as good as it gets!

Comment

If enough rain comes here in north Texas tonight and tomorrow, we might get a small bite in the little current from the run-off this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      If enough rain comes here in north Texas tonight and tomorrow, we might get a small bite in the little current from the run-off this weekend.
                      Yea.

Those not on them need some movement or a short way up a creek that feeds into a big river

It won't be long and they'll be on main lake humps chasing shad

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        Going to Llela tomorrow and hope they’ve started moving in but I think it may be a little early

Anyone seeing them around DFW lately?
                        Outside of Weatherford, last Sunday.
                        Wind was brutal and selfie skills were low! Doubled up multiple times, and caught almost 2 limits on the fly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                          Outside of Weatherford, last Sunday.
                          Wind was brutal and selfie skills were low! Doubled up multiple times, and caught almost 2 limits on the fly.

Thanks, heading out with my dad tomorrow and hoping to get into some. Should be fun on a 3wt

Comment

The creek I walked last week is now a raging river. Couple days for it to calm down and I think it'll be good.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                              Thanks, heading out with my dad tomorrow and hoping to get into some. Should be fun on a 3wt
                              We were using 5wts, but will probably go with 3's this weekend. The bigger females haven't shown up yet. I broke a 3wt last year, but kept fishing with what was left until it got dark! I think I caught 10 or so more without the butt section.

Comment

Tagged. Hearing some good things around Riverside/Trinity. If the wife and I can get out of work, I might try to beat the front this Thursday. Not sure where to go, but I know the area well so I'm comfortable exploring at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X