2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023 College Baseball

Youth = lack of game experience. Class doesn’t mean anything if they haven’t played.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
      Tech plays its first ninth inning of the year. They walk off 9-8. Guns up!
      I didn't know the Zags were a tourney team last season. Solid sweep

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Youth = lack of game experience. Class doesn’t mean anything if they haven’t played.
        Yeah, I don't keep track of what class they are, there were just A LOT of dudes on the field whose names I'd not heard before.

Comment

I hear what you are saying but, these guys play year round. It's not like they are sitting on a bench the other 6-7 months of the year. We're talking a .141 team batting average with 35 strikeouts in three games. That's more than just a youth issue. Just about everyone except Kennedy looked lost at the plate.

Comment

This is how I felt about Aggie Football. Only a moron ranks a team #6 to start a season because “they had the # 1 Freshman recruiting class”.......blah, blah, blah. Funny how reality set in quick. So glad it is College Baseball season!!!!!

When is Whitt due back to pitch for the Longhorns? My buddy said he should be near the end of rehab soon. That kid is good.

One other thing.....I am skeptical ( realistic ) on the Aggies #6 ranking to start for Baseball. We all know there are some wild swings in College Baseball rankings, injuries, etc. Schloss was asked what they would need to do to make it back to Omaha......He said they needed to pitch a whole lot better and hit the ball more often. He knows how difficult it will be. I like that mentality. Great Coach!!

Comment

Southern jumped on #1 LSU early. 4-0 bottom of the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                Southern jumped on #1 LSU early. 4-0 bottom of the 3rd.
                Tigers strike back with 5 so far in the 3rd. Up 5-4. Mammoth homerun that almost cleared the scoreboard from freshman Jones. They just came back and said 467'!
                Last edited by TildenHunter; 02-21-2023, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  Tigers strike back with 5 so far in the 3rd. Up 5-4. Mammoth homerun that almost cleared the scoreboard from freshman Jones. Estimated 450'!
                  Figured the tides would turn soon lol. LSU has some power,

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                    This is how I felt about Aggie Football. Only a moron ranks a team #6 to start a season because “they had the # 1 Freshman recruiting class”.......blah, blah, blah. Funny how reality set in quick. So glad it is College Baseball season!!!!!

When is Whitt due back to pitch for the Longhorns? My buddy said he should be near the end of rehab soon. That kid is good.

One other thing.....I am skeptical ( realistic ) on the Aggies #6 ranking to start for Baseball. We all know there are some wild swings in College Baseball rankings, injuries, etc. Schloss was asked what they would need to do to make it back to Omaha......He said they needed to pitch a whole lot better and hit the ball more often. He knows how difficult it will be. I like that mentality. Great Coach!!
                    The last update I saw on Witt was mid-April at the earliest. They were planning to take it slow with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                      Figured the tides would turn soon lol. LSU has some power,
                      Yea they are rolling pretty good to start. Jobert just hit a 3 run oppo bomb. It should be a fun team to watch this year. I feel like if our pitching can just be above average they should be able to win a pile of games given what their offense can/should do this season.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                        The last update I saw on Witt was mid-April at the earliest. They were planning to take it slow with him.
                        I doubt we see him pitch this year.

Comment

LSU falls behind 4-0 and come back with 18 unanswered to run rule Southern 18-4

Comment

I doubt we see him pitch this year.
                            Even if he does, it will be next year before he's back to full strength.

Comment

2023 College Baseball

Good to see some offense from the Horns today. 8-1
                              Last edited by Smart; 02-21-2023, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Dodged a Tuesday night loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X