No announcement yet.

2023 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They weren't cheering for Missouri they were cheering against Texas. They despise burnt orange.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Pierce is not the guy.

How is he not the guy? He’s had 3 CWS appearances 2 Big 12 conference in the last 5yrs. Your players have to perform when are people going to understand it’s not just the **** coach. You have to start holding the players accountable as well. You can have the most talented team, but if they have a bad week at the wrong time it’s on them. The **** alumni just needs to calm the **** down and stop giving up on a coach just because they aren’t winning every championship. This is not the old days of Texas they have to compete now.

Comment

Pierce failed with the most talented team in the country. Pre season #1.

Championships are the goal in Austin.

His predecessors were the two greatest coaches in history.

Gus was great but maybe not even in top 5.

Garrido
        Martin
        Bertman
        Stephenson

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
          Pierce took that team to the CWS last year and after two losses this year, he needs to be fired?

He’s being paid to win in Omaha, as is the expectation. I won’t complain about a year that ends in Omaha, but last year was pretty rough, and they haven’t played in the final game since ‘09….that ain’t gonna cut it at Texas.

He’s had 6 years…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2023 College Baseball

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            How is he not the guy? He’s had 3 CWS appearances 2 Big 12 conference in the last 5yrs. Your players have to perform when are people going to understand it’s not just the **** coach. You have to start holding the players accountable as well. You can have the most talented team, but if they have a bad week at the wrong time it’s on them. The **** alumni just needs to calm the **** down and stop giving up on a coach just because they aren’t winning every championship. This is not the old days of Texas they have to compete now.

Welcome to big time sports…they don’t fire the team, they fire the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Garrido

Martin

Bertman

Stephenson
              I just saw a list that had him at 6 and Garrido at 2. #1 was the GSU guy with no national championships. Lol. #5 and #4 had two titles like Gus but less wins and a lower win percentage. Never mind the fact that Gus has the second most CWS wins ever.

I'll take Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                Pitch clock was not an issue today in Lubbock. Tech had issues with that at the end of the year last year with certain umpire groups. I like the faster play, but they need to make the batters stay in the box if they are going to enforce it. This adjust Velcro on 12 armor sections, take 6 steps then call time 3-6 times per at bat is stupid.

It seems they have changed something regarding the batters as well, but being in the building, you get no explanation. One of Texas batters had a strike called on him for some unknown reason Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

Garrido
                  Martin
                  Bertman
                  Stephenson

You know what the say about opinions..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    You know what the say about opinions..
                    I was just stating its not cut and dried. Its inconsequential anyways

Comment

It’s definitely going to be a long season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Apparently batter has to be in the box by 10 seconds on the pitch clock. It’s going to take some getting used to.

tu and UT hitters both got bit by the new rule. Couldn’t have happened to two better programs!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

. They despise burnt orange.

I mean who doesn’t 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            I mean who doesn’t [emoji23]
                            Right. When you been getting your *** handed to you for 100 years. Lol.

Comment

Right. When you been getting your *** handed to you for 100 years. Lol.

I don't remember 80 years ago, but I remember last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
                                I don't remember 80 years ago, but I remember last year...
                                Last year was fun
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X