• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI to those who drew a NM tag.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
      We went to NM two weeks ago. I called the forest service office and they said that they consider you’re time alone in the National Forest being in quarantine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
        We went to NM two weeks ago. I called the forest service office and they said that they consider you’re time alone in the National Forest being in quarantine.
        Yeah I was gonna say, camping in a tent in the middle of nowhere is quite the ideal quarantine.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          Big No! You CAN NOT remove proof of sex, then put them in a bag to reattach.

Slide the baggie over it’s nuts and zip tie/ electrical tape above testes to close open end of baggie is so the meat does not get contaminated.

Did I say to cut them off and put in a bag?

Here’s the idea- TBH is a family friendly site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Bill; 08-07-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I can’t help but wonder. Who’s killing cows but substituting a fresh bull head/skull to trick the game warden into thinking it’s a bull? Makes no sense to me why you’d have to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              I can’t help but wonder. Who’s killing cows but substituting a fresh bull head/skull to trick the game warden into thinking it’s a bull? Makes no sense to me why you’d have to do this.
              A lot of things don't make sense in Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Slide the baggie over it’s nuts and zip tie/ electrical tape above testes to close open end of baggie is so the meat does not get contaminated.

Did I say to cut them off and put in a bag?

No, but someone who's inexperienced and never read regs might have taken it that way. Just wanted to make that very clear. I'm sure you know what you're doing

Comment

You would be surprised what folks try to pull. They can also tell what species the meat is from if you have some hair attached. Some may shoot a moose thinking it's a cow elk, happens more than you think. Heck a military guy shot a cow moose last fall and told the guy who happened across him dressing it he poached it because he can't draw a moose tag.
                  Skin out the nads and leave them attached, udder on a cow or one "lip" if you know what I mean. It doesn't affect the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                    A lot of things don't make sense in Colorado.

Such as the 80% let off rule. Glad my elite is 75-90% on the sticker lol. They will have to have a scale to give me a ticket. Can’t just go off the position of the stops since everything changes when you add and take twist out of the strings and cables. I wonder if anyone has ever actually gotten a ticket for it.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      It happens, locals will pay for one tag and capitalize getting more meat from it. Sure doesn't seem too likely to us but think of East Texas and suddenly it's understandable. Lol

Comment

The evidence of sex attached thing is a pain, but I can see the reasoning for it.

A lot of bulls live 7-10 miles back into some hell hole, a guy might be tempted to shoot one, take the rack, and then shoot a cow that’s standing right next to his truck for the better meat.

Most of the archery tags are either sex, but there’s stuff like muzzleloader cow tags where someone might shoot a bull, stash the rack, and pack out the meat. Come back in when the head has been cleaned off and take it out.

Comment

The evidence of sex attached thing is a pain, but I can see the reasoning for it.

A lot of bulls live 7-10 miles back into some hell hole, a guy might be tempted to shoot one, take the rack, and then shoot a cow that’s standing right next to his truck for the better meat.

Most of the archery tags are either sex, but there’s stuff like muzzleloader cow tags where someone might shoot a bull, stash the rack, and pack out the meat. Come back in when the head has been cleaned off and take it out.

Comment

Anybody know how long it takes to receive your OTC tag from CO if you order online? This years spot doesnt have a license shop nearby. Looking at an additional few hours one way just to run and buy one if I dont pre order before the drive up. Closest place sells Fishing licenses but not Elk tags? In addition to "many things not making sense".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chevota View Post
                              Anybody know how long it takes to receive your OTC tag from CO if you order online? This years spot doesnt have a license shop nearby. Looking at an additional few hours one way just to run and buy one if I dont pre order before the drive up. Closest place sells Fishing licenses but not Elk tags? In addition to "many things not making sense".

Can't say on the OTC but I bought a Leftover bear tag on the 4th and it came in a couple days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by chevota View Post

There use to be an over night option. With that said I think their system is ran buy a Texas company. I know last time I bought otc they came from I think From Denton TX
                                Last edited by Texans42; 08-12-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X