Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weather sucks

78 deg in mid December....

This hunting season has been a disaster....have not seen a single buck worth taking...
    Acorns are still in the trees....nothing going to the feeders......

Shut out so far...

Ridiculous....

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

This hunting season has been a disaster....have not seen a single buck worth taking...

Shut out so far...

Ridiculous....

Yeah it’s been a weird season. I got in one good hunt on public during a solid cold front. 22 degrees and deer were moving. Had a really nice 130’s 10 under new and never could get a shot. Since it has warmed up and I needed up shooting a buck on thanksgiving morning on a private spot I have but the only thing worth writing home about was the shot I made. Still want to try and get another couple hunts in but I’ve been busy and the weather isn’t the greatest. Warm and full moon post rut. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen more 150”+ killed than ever before. And I’ve got the most and best 3yo age group I’ve ever seen. There’s acorns everywhere but that ain’t the devil.

Shake it up and thick outside the box. What’s the worst that could happen? Not see anything

Comment

Weather changing tomorrow!!![emoji4] Headed to hill country in the morning....woohoo!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s 45 in the panhandle right now.

Comment

Best season ever for me. I’ve seen more big bucks killed this season than in the last 10 yrs. I have tons of acorns on the ground but they are still hitting protein. Corn they could care less.

Find the deer away from feeders and hunt there. They are around and on trails more than feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              It’s 45 in the panhandle right now.
              Yessuh!!!! I will meet it in central texas tomorrow!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

First 2 weeks of season is the best. Deer are still in there summer time feeding schedule, really calm. Then go back to crappie

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 6 inches of snow, with another 6 coming. I don’t want to hear it.

Comment

We moved back here from Florence Colorado. It’s 31 there now with 4” of snow on the ground.

Comment

We saw a lot of deer and bucks, but schedules caused me to miss the peak of the rut.
                      I did pass up two nine points in bow season, but haven’t seen an old deer lately.

It was fun and we saw plenty of other Game.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                        We have 6 inches of snow, with another 6 coming. I don’t want to hear it.
                        Jealous!

There were mosquitoes swarming as I was trying to drink a cup of coffee on the back porch this morning....

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

Shut out so far...

Ridiculous....
                          Same for me. I hunt 2 places near Sonora. Haven’t seen a single deer over 3.5 till this morning. I hunted a stand overlooking a huge field. Only three whitetail came to the feeder but probably 20 out in the field. Had a mature buck out there but too far to get a good look at horns to be sure nothing was broken. Riding the ranch there are tons of deer out and about. Just not coming to feeders.

Comment

It was 96 inside my blind when I got in this evening. Hopefully I see more than I have in the last two hunts.
                            Last edited by Shu; 12-15-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I shot a 150’s deer so I can’t complain too much but the weather and hunting has been terrible since yesterday.

Haven’t seen a single Buck over 2.5 yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X