2019 Houston Astros season thread “Take It Back”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    Cole. If James or Osuna are in I’d rather not put free guys on base late in the game. I think Osuna would for sure drill someone though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Osuna only hits women.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Osuna only hits women.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
        Curious why Evan Gattis doesn’t have a job. Averaged 23 HRs a season and .250BA
        He can't play a defensive position, his 2018 stats would make him one of the 4 worst DH's in baseball, and there is no real reason to expect improvement.

For the teams that could be marginally improved by him, there are legitimate reasons why he should not be getting AB's. Tigers, Jays, and Sox aren't competitive and need to give the AB's to younger players or guys on massive contracts that they can't get rid of, and the A's because they have to believe that Khris Davis will come around and be better than Evan Gattis.
        Last edited by El General; 07-17-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
          When did the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          First in 1978 and then in reruns, on tape, dvd, and blu-ray since then.

Comment

.. kids these days... .. .

Comment

Curious why Evan Gattis doesn’t have a job. Averaged 23 HRs a season and .250BA
              The curse of Gattis will haunt the Stros for dumping him and keeping Tyler White.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                He can't play a defensive position, his 2018 stats would make him one of the 4 worst DH's in baseball, and there is no real reason to expect improvement.

For the teams that could be marginally improved by him, there are legitimate reasons why he should not be getting AB's. Tigers, Jays, and Sox aren't competitive and need to give the AB's to younger players or guys on massive contracts that they can't get rid of, and the A's because they have to believe that Khris Davis will come around and be better than Evan Gattis.
                Although he wasn’t great, he played a decent catcher. I would take his short comings defensively vs Max Stassi

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Osuna only hits women.

You hit that beach ball out of the ball park. That was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    The curse of Gattis will haunt the Stros for dumping him and keeping Tyler White.
                    I keep waiting for Tyler White to break out, but that belt is tougher than nails!

Comment

I just watched it, he wore one in the back, didn’t complain, took his base, let it be over.

You don’t want to see that ball so high, but I doubt that’s where he wanted it.

Comment

Comment

Although he wasn’t great, he played a decent catcher. I would take his short comings defensively vs Max Stassi
                          He was a very, very bad defensive catcher that could not be relied upon in a playoff series to man the position defensively.

Stassi on the other hand is a plus defensive backup catcher. He can't hit, but backup catcher's rarely do.

Comment

3 for pitcher 1 for ******bag

Comment

👍👍

Comment

Was that pitcher the starter?

Comment

Working...
                                X