Archery is not a crime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twztid View Post
    Yeah prob shooting a Mathews bow and he thought you were some amateur playing with a kids bow, up to no good.
    Nope I shoot a ninja quiet Martin.

Comment

Till the arrow leaves the boundaries of your property, then it becomes Wanton and Endangerment a Felony.
      I shoot in the back yard in the city, since it's not a firearm that's the best they could come up with.

Comment

Just keep it in the back yard and be quiet about it. If you'd neighbors are out shoot some other time. I can shoot 32 yards in my back yard, most subdivisions you can shoot 20 which is all you really need on a regular baisis to keep up form and muscle memory.

Remember alway draw with the bow pointed down and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
          Just keep it in the back yard and be quiet about it. If you'd neighbors are out shoot some other time. I can shoot 32 yards in my back yard, most subdivisions you can shoot 20 which is all you really need on a regular baisis to keep up form and muscle memory.

Remember alway draw with the bow pointed down and be safe.
          I hear ya but my back yard is not a safe shot. Every angle has a house close by and I am not going to chance it. I put an arrow through my fence board once and needless to say the arrow kept going. I will continue to shoot into the garage. I have been doing it for years and it is safe. My immediate neighbor bow hunts and the rest are cool. Just a random idjit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticbow View Post
            Till the arrow leaves the boundaries of your property, then it becomes Wanton and Endangerment a Felony.
            I shoot in the back yard in the city, since it's not a firearm that's the best they could come up with.
            I am curious where felony Wanton Endangerment (or wanton anything) exists in Texas criminal law.

Who is "they" that came up with it if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Ain't nuthin illegal until you get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticbow View Post
                Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                I am curious where felony Wanton Endangerment (or wanton anything) exists in Texas criminal law.

Who is "they" that came up with it if you don't mind me asking?
                He is not from around these parts.....he is a pacific ocean island boy!

Bisch

Comment

It's illegal to shoot your bow on private property? LAME! I can understand it being illegal in public, but come on man!

Comment

Originally posted by HARDWAY78 View Post
                    It's illegal to shoot your bow on private property? LAME! I can understand it being illegal in public, but come on man!
                    Yup. Depends on your city, county, HOA and on and on. No go in Austin but everybody I know does it in a safe manner anyway.

Comment

When I lived in Wells Branch (N. Austin for those not from here), I would stand at the end of my drive way, shoot between my truck and an explorer in the drive way, and into the back of the garage at a target. Had the cops called on me more than once but since I was out of city limits and in the county it wasn't illegal. Cop talked to me one time to make sure I wasn't crazy then we started talking about best place for him to buy a bow. After that he drove by and just waved.

Now I can shoot my bow in my front yard while the school bus passes by and no one cares.

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
                        Good thing you don't shoot a Hoyt, you might not have heard the siren and kept shooting. Could have been bad
                        Hahaha. Glad it turned out good.

Comment

One of my neighbors, here in Kyle, actually got hauled down to the local police station when someone reported him.

Comment

Originally posted by gwalters View Post
                            One of my neighbors, here in Kyle, actually got hauled down to the local police station when someone reported him.
                            So even Kyle has tree hugging hippies! They are everywhere!

Comment

Got 'em in Seguin too-

And, archery isn't a crime unless . . . http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article...n_arrow_attack

Comment

Sticbow is in Oahu

Comment

Working...
                                X