Archery is not a crime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery is not a crime.

Unless it is against the law in the city limits. In my case it is and I know it.
    Well an LEO just left my house. I was shooting as I always do into my garage when I hear a blast of the siren so I turn around and guess who is pulled into my driveway. Long story short, I get a good talking to about city law and that some people just don't understand. Turns out someone driving by called in. Lucky for me the LEO that was dispatched is a bow hunter. We talked a while about the season and I turned him on to TBH. He had never heard of this site and was excited to check it out. His advice to me was to be more discreet and have fun.
    Could have turned out much worse.

Good thing you don't shoot a Hoyt, you might not have heard the siren and kept shooting. Could have been bad

Comment

Probably one of those Austin tree hugging hippies called you in. What a shame

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
        Good thing you don't shoot a Hoyt, you might not have heard the siren and kept shooting. Could have been bad
        Now that aint right LOL!

Comment

Comment

The cool thing is I was at full draw and let it fly right before he tooted the siren.
            He told me he didn't want to scare me and cause me to flinch.
            He was a super nice guy and lives in my hood. Good to know one of the good guys is right around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by gbet View Post
              Probably one of those Austin tree hugging hippies called you in. What a shame
              I guess it could have been but I do have to remind you that those folks are not strictly confined to Austin. Every major city in Texas has them. They just feel a little safer here.

Comment

I shoot in my backyard overlooking a creek no one knows what I do haha

Comment

keep austin weird lol

Comment

Now thats funny.

Comment

Yeah prob shooting a Mathews bow and he thought you were some amateur playing with a kids bow, up to no good.

Comment

That's a pretty cool story.

Sucks that some idiot reported you.

Ike

Comment

Oh wow Sounds like something Nathyn would say

Comment

Haha

Comment

It may be against the law in Austin. It is a Class C misdemeanor in San Antonio but I would bet a ticket hasn't been written for it in years. But it just takes some nosy neighbor to demand why the officer didn't issue a citation in violation of the ordinance. Glad common sense prevailed.

Comment

Working...
                              X