X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard 270 or 270 WSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Solocam84 View Post
      Take a look at the 280 ai. I really like mine.

My go to, “when it counts” gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I'd go totally against the grain and get you an oddball caliber in this day and age of the backyard sniper. Something really off the wall and rare like....say... a .270, 30-06 or 300 winmag
        Or make heads explode......308

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
          Honestly, a 7mm-08 with 140gr accubonds will handle elk out to 300-400 yards with no problem. Minimal recoil, and inherently accurate.

This is my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I'd go totally against the grain and get you an oddball caliber in this day and age of the backyard sniper. Something really off the wall and rare like....say... a .270, 30-06 or 300 winmag
            I’m a huge fan of the old 30-06. Lots of different bullet weights and easy to find.

Comment

270 is my choice or a 7mag.

Comment

Originally posted by boyles77 View Post
                I have a 6.5 CM and I’m looking to add something with little more knock down without going too big with high recoil. It will he used for deer and Texas exotics mostly, but I’d like it to be capable of taking down most anything out west within reasonable distance.
                30-06,,, there is less and there is more,,, but nothing better

Comment

280 AI, 28 or 30 nosler, 300 PRC, or a plain ol 300 win mag would be my list!

Comment

I have a 300PRC and it has plenty of knockdown, crazy accurate and I can’t tell the difference between the 6.5PRC and the 300. Very mild

Comment

Really no need to go over 7mm Rem. Mag. Out west. For that matter, keep in mind that a number of guys (including outfitters) now are perfectly fine with 6.5 CM for elk.

Comment

270 or 280 or 7mm. Can't go wrong with any of these calibers. There are some reasonably prices down rifles that shoot really good out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                          I have a 300PRC and it has plenty of knockdown, crazy accurate and I can’t tell the difference between the 6.5PRC and the 300. Very mild
                          Which rifle are you shooting the 300 PRC with?

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post

Does your 6.5 weigh 7 pounds and the .300 weigh 12?

Comment

Sell the Creedmoor and get a 25-06 and a 300 win mag. Those two calibers can handle just about anything on the spectrum from coyotes to the biggest bears and moose.

Comment

If you don’t have a 257 weatherby that’s what I would get

Comment

Working...
                                X