CCA Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    I spend several months doing the same, all I’m doing is bring awareness to fact CCA is NOT local waterman friendly.

Let’s be honest 99% of people are clueless to where their seafood comes from including if it is being locally, regional, or foreign sourced.
    CCA has done more for fish numbers and habitat than any other conservation effort in history.

If it wasn’t for them the commercial business would have wiped out redfish all together. They had a buy back program to buy bay shrimping licenses that ended. It made a huge impact. Those shrimpers didn’t have to sell those licenses if they didn’t want to. They have had no impact on gulf shrimping which will never go away. Most of the crap in the grocery store is what you speak of. I buy fresh, or don’t buy at all. It’s that simple.

I also guaranty if you are eating fish in a restaurant in the High Plains, you are not eating what you think you are.

Comment

IMHO, CCA is like the unions, it was a great organization when it began and I was a member of it for years, from the time in the early days when it was the GCCA, but like the trade unions, it has run its course and outlived its usefulness. They're trying to justify their existence by picking new pet peeve projects and issues. I'll not give them another dime... LOTS of folks believe the same way, otherwise they'd not have to bribe folks to sign up by promising something unrelated to fishing (new rifle) to get folks to join. The CCA is the SINGLE reason bowfishing for catfish was taken away as another legal means of take. They have evolved into another BASS organization that is doing its best to shame fishermen into catch and release... If they had their way, we would not be able to keep any trout or redfish... Their idea is if you want to keep any fish, keep a dang sheephead... No thank you, I will not support that mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        If they had their way, we would not be able to keep any trout or redfish... Their idea is if you want to keep any fish, keep a dang sheephead... No thank you, I will not support that mentality.
        This is laughable. I know quite a few of the people that run CCA. Not only do they keep fish, I very seriously doubt that many of them have kept a sheepshead ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          Flounder are next. Increase in minimum size length and decrease in bag limit. Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I don't have a problem with this. It's supported by actual science.

Comment

What is CCA?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              CCA has done more for fish numbers and habitat than any other conservation effort in history.

If it wasn’t for them the commercial business would have wiped out redfish all together. They had a buy back program to buy bay shrimping licenses that ended. It made a huge impact. Those shrimpers didn’t have to sell those licenses if they didn’t want to. They have had no impact on gulf shrimping which will never go away. Most of the crap in the grocery store is what you speak of. I buy fresh, or don’t buy at all. It’s that simple.

I also guaranty if you are eating fish in a restaurant in the High Plains, you are not eating what you think you are.
              Our shrimpers are getting hammered by import & farm raised shrimp. Simply can't compete.
              There are a select few markets and restaurants that sell gulf shrimp, but they're priced at a premium.

Bottom line is that our fisheries can not support the consumption rate, so restaurants are pretty much forced to sell import & farm raised chit. And most of the general public doesn't care.

Comment

any more info on the gun?

Comment

CCA and NWTF= good when they started, now (like most things) greed has taken its toll. I think I'll keep my $ in my pocket

Comment

The gun is a Vanguard per Liz Bosnians with CCA Texas.

Comment

v/g

in response to my emails...it has a true 26 barrel, and a muzzle break, pillar bedded full length al stock.(looks like a bell/Carlson)

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        CCA is not a friend to the commercial fishing industry. Why would they be? They were started to literally combat the commercial fishing industries wanton slaughter of finfish in gill nets.
                        Originally posted by captainsling View Post

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                        Our shrimpers are getting hammered by import & farm raised shrimp. Simply can't compete.
                        There are a select few markets and restaurants that sell gulf shrimp, but they're priced at a premium.

Bottom line is that our fisheries can not support the consumption rate, so restaurants are pretty much forced to sell import & farm raised chit. And most of the general public doesn't care.
                        All of this.

I will go without shrimp before I buy imported. Period.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Ch

That's a good promotion. I don't agree with or like everything CCA does but I do have a passion for the same things that they are trying to protect so I join annually. Same with T&BT, Flatsworthy, ITCA, and others I'm probably forgetting about. Pretty easy to find reasons to not get involved, I feel like I need to be involved in the things that are important to me if I want them to continue to exist. I don't like everything about public schools but I'm on the local school board, don't like everything about the Baptist Church but I'm a Deacon, etc...

I buy my shrimp off the boat too

Comment

I don’t support CCA because they don’t support bow fishing in Louisiana. CCA has paid lobbyists and bankrolled State representatives to sponsor bills in the legislature to ban and make bow fishing for redfish illegal.

Not sure who was responsible for the regulations and classifying redfish as “gamefish” in Texas ( TPW , CCA , ? ). I know many in the Lone Star State were not happy. I’m thankful that Louisiana has such a strong fishing estuary which allows for the liberal limits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              I don’t support CCA because they don’t support bow fishing in Louisiana. CCA has paid lobbyists and bankrolled State representatives to sponsor bills in the legislature to ban and make bow fishing for redfish illegal.

Not sure who was responsible for the regulations and classifying redfish as “gamefish” in Texas ( TPW , CCA , ? ). I know many in the Lone Star State were not happy. I’m thankful that Louisiana has such a strong fishing estuary which allows for the liberal limits.
                              You and I differ are few things Blake but I don’t see the need to shoot redfish with a bow so I’m drawing the line now lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                You and I differ are few things Blake but I don’t see the need to shoot redfish with a bow so I’m drawing the line now lol!!!
                                No problem brother as I respect your opinion on this matter. I understand that the sport and means of harvest doesn’t appeal to everybody. Just like the love/hate relationship with crossbow hunters, hunting over corn, and those who deer hunt with dogs. As an ethical outdoorsman, I see no problem with various hunting/fishing methods as long as you abide by the rules and regulations.

Comment

Working...
                                X