No announcement yet.

Let's make a fishing lure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now all that's left is the epoxy clear coat. I went for a pin fish look on this one and I'm happy with it so far. The clear coat is easy to mess up so hopefully I don't wreck it now.
    Attached Files

Comment

The other side.
      Attached Files

Comment

I went with a natural colored eye, it was between that and a red.

Comment

Fun! I'd be pretty tickled to fight a good red with a self made lure. Good luck!

Comment

I use a two part epoxy for a clear coat. It's pretty durable and simple to use.
            Attached Files

Comment

I hang the lure with the pointed end down, that way the epoxy will run down to the hook hanger and you can take it off with a box cutter. I only do 1 coat of epoxy. Yes it's hanging in the kitchen.
              Attached Files

Comment

The hook hanger wire I use is .048 stainless steel leader wire and twist it with a drill around a drift pin punch.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great work so far!

Comment

Again, beautiful work! Can you show how the two halves go together??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Again, beautiful work! Can you show how the two halves go together??
                      I'll get a better picture when the epoxy sets up.

Comment

That is so cool! Enjoyed watching you complete the process. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very impressive Kevin! What air brush are you using - I’ve been thinking of buying one

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                            I'd love to see some of those. Post a pic.
                            He’s fishing a tournament this weekend. I will try and have him send me some pics. This week.
                            Edit i have a couple on my phone, but can't figure out how to post them here.
                            Last edited by critter69; 10-17-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              Very impressive Kevin! What air brush are you using - I’ve been thinking of buying one
                              Jerp, I bought a cheap set up off Amazon. I use the small air brush that was in the set. I wanted the compressor and figured I'd buy a better brush but I still haven't. It works very well for general work, if your looking for more detail the Iwata (not sure on the spelling) is what all the cool kids use.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                He’s fishing a tournament this weekend. I will try and have him send me some pics. This week.
                                Edit i have a couple on my phone, but can't figure out how to post them here.
                                I sent you a PM. You can text them to me and I'll post them.

Comment

Working...
                                X