No announcement yet.

Let's make a fishing lure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sealed the lure to get it ready for painting before I put the bill in. I skipped that part.
    Attached Files

Comment

I taped off the bill and got it ready to paint. It's not pinned together yet, I want to be able to paint in between the two parts but I want them lined up as I paint it. That's a Skitterwalk in the back ground, it's slightly bigger than that. The picture is deceiving on the size.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have to go fill feeders so the paint will have to wait. Thanks for the kind words. I hope this thing works lol. You never know till you throw it in the water.

Comment

In for the paint!

Comment

Originally posted by texas grown View Post
            in for the paint!

Comment

Went and filled my feeder, sat down in my pop up and 5 minutes later a pig walked in. Fastest hunt I've ever had. So I got home early yesterday and decided to get the painting done today. First a base coat of white.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by kevin nicholls; 10-17-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Next I gave it a a coat of pearl, this helps as a base coat for the other pearls I'll be using. It's hard to see the difference in my garage light but it's there.
                Attached Files

Comment

Next I put down some pearlized silver. I try to build colors from bottom to top, light to dark. It makes a big difference in the end. The silver will be hard to see in the end but it helps transition the colors up the lure.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Next is pearlized gold. Still building from bottom to top. The silver helped mute the gold into the white so it's not a sharp transition.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Next I used pearlized purple. I cut a stencil for the gill plate (I messed this up twice) and used a comb (don't tell my wife) to spray the stripes. I also put some small dots around the gill plate with a small tipped brush.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Next up I used black to darken the back and around the eyes. It's starting to come together a little bit now.
                        Attached Files

Comment

And some red under the chin. I'm not sure why but all lures have this so why not.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very impressive

Comment

Awesome work!!

Comment

To add a little detail I used a fine tip brush to put gray dots on top of the purple. I think small details make a big difference.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X