No announcement yet.

Yoder or Pitts/Spits ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how well does the Pitts&Spitts hold temp? I picked up one of the small traegers and the temp is all over the place for about the first 45 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      I bought Pitts & Spitts but Tec Tec was 2nd on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same for me. Worth the increased cost in my opinion. These things are extremely well built!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wes View Post
        how well does the Pitts&Spitts hold temp? I picked up one of the small traegers and the temp is all over the place for about the first 45 minutes.

As good or better than your oven. Makes it incredibly easy to cook a great brisket or pork butt. I’ve done burgers on it that turned out great also.

Comment

Yoder or Pitts/Spits ???

Comment

Yoder or Pitts/Spits ???

Originally posted by wes View Post

The P&S it built with thick material so once it up to temp it holds steady for a long time. It probably took mine 20 minutes to cool enough to touch it after it went through it’s shutdown cycle which ran for another 15-20 minutes.

We will see how it does when it’s cold outside.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
              Anyone had both or really looked over both units? Trying to decide between the two pellet units.
              Thanks

pitts/spits...... i like awhole lot better then a yoder 640 I had........

Comment

I just bought the Pitts and Spitts and love it. I researched the the Yoder and found some negative reviews after about a year of ownership which made the decision for me. If you are looking for something a little more budget friendly check out the Blaz’n pellet smokers. They seem to be really well made as well.

Comment

Love my YODER

Comment

Working...
                  X