Yoder or Pitts/Spits ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoder or Pitts/Spits ???

Anyone had both or really looked over both units? Trying to decide between the two pellet units.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Yoder stick burner but looked at the pellet grills , they are really nice. Good friend bought the Yoder YS 640s competition and loves it. They are very well built but expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
      I have a Yoder stick burner but looked at the pellet grills , they are really nice. Good friend bought the Yoder YS 640s competition and loves it. They are very well built but expensive.

Definitely expensive with all the add ons.

Comment

YODER... all day everyday

Comment

Can you “grill” in the Pitts and Spitts?
          You can add the baffle plate with a door and sear plates to the Yoder and cook all kinds of other stuff besides just smoke. Burgers, fajitas, chicken...etc. makes it more versitile and helped justify some of the higher cost for me.

Comment

Been researching both of these as well as the Memphis and MAK pellet smokers lately. Yoder was the first off my list. Great product but the Pitts/Spitts is built even more solid (10/12 guage on Yoder, 7/10 on P/S) and it's stainless. Also the P/S has wireless controller capability. I can't find any reason to pay more for the Memphis or MAK, and will probably pull the trigger on a Pitts and Spitts Maverick very soon. Copied a link to a helpful review below. I don't think you can go wrong with the Yoder or the P/S.

We reviewed the Pitts & Spitts Maverick 1250 pellet grill which is their most popular mid-size model and rivals the best thermostatically controlled cookers in the business. This premium set-it-and-forget-it pellet smoker does not disappoint, although all cookers have their little quirks, and Pitts & Spitts is no different.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
              Been researching both of these as well as the Memphis and MAK pellet smokers lately. Yoder was the first off my list. Great product but the Pitts/Spitts is built even more solid (10/12 guage on Yoder, 7/10 on P/S) and it's stainless. Also the P/S has wireless controller capability. I can't find any reason to pay more for the Memphis or MAK, and will probably pull the trigger on a Pitts and Spitts Maverick very soon. Copied a link to a helpful review below. I don't think you can go wrong with the Yoder or the P/S.

https://amazingribs.com/smoker/pitts...t-grill-review
              I just ordered my Maverick last week for the outdoor kitchen in the new home Im building. Cant wait to use it there.

Comment

https://amazingribs.com/smoker/pitts...t-grill-review

You know what the cooking surface for the P/S models are? They show total area inside but I don’t see how big the cooking surfaces are. Hard to look at these things online and decide what you need for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                  You know what the cooking surface for the P/S models are? They show total area inside but I don’t see how big the cooking surfaces are. Hard to look at these things online and decide what you need for sure.

I’ll pull a tape measure tomorrow on my 850. I was trying to decide between the 850 and 1250. When I saw the 850 it was clear to me that was plenty space. Can easily handle 3-4 brisket or pork butts at one time.

Comment

Love my Yoder pellet smoker

Comment

I’ll pull a tape measure tomorrow on my 850. I was trying to decide between the 850 and 1250. When I saw the 850 it was clear to me that was plenty space. Can easily handle 3-4 brisket or pork butts at one time.

Yep I’m out in BFE nowhere near any dealers to look in person so hard to decide on the sizes just looking at pics. I may just have to wait until I can actually look at one.

Comment

17” deep on bottom rack

14” deep top rack

26” wide

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Been around them all and was going to buy a Yoder until I found Rec Tec.

recteq high quality smokers and grills with WiFi technology will have you spend less time guessing and more time enjoying your grill.

I bought this one. https://www.rectecgrills.com/bull-rt...-pellet-grill/

The warranty, their commitment to customer service is better than any other. Heck they give you their personal cell phone numbers should you have any issues after hours.

Comment

I bought Pitts & Spitts but Tec Tec was 2nd on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X