No announcement yet.

What's your side hustle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a slum lord (I manage my rental properties).

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Another reason i choose a different career path... didn’t want to get a job knowing I’d need another to survive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I can survive on my salary, it’s what I do extra to get ahead, hunt, buy guns, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
        I can survive on my salary, it’s what I do extra to get ahead, hunt, buy guns, etc.

Ok sorry should’ve worded “to do what i like”

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
          X2
          keeping busy from 'other things' can be a lot of things. I can tell you the most joy I found in keeping busy is fixing broken houses and flipping them. I used to destroy for fun, now I fix and it can be decent $. You don't have to have money to make money, just a drive.

Comment

HVAC/home repair on the the side. have a good job w-insurance and retirement. pays for my hunting and fishing gear and trips.

Comment

I make custom bow strings. Not many customers, as it is mostly just friends and family that buy them. But it is fun and I enjoy looking at the end product.

Comment

Safety Director for an Electric company in the oilfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  Yep. And while them poor salary guys are sitting in a tree working on their phones, us poor shop trash are at work on Saturday wishing we could have a 2 day weekend.
                  so very true, so very true... but we do what we gotta do, with out crying, like a snowflake

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                    Same ^^^^

I have 2 regular off duty jobs I work doing security at a bank and at Walmart in the hood, then a few youth association games and some other stuff here and there. Made $22K last year in side hustle money.
                    My father's side hustle/hobby was raising cattle and horses. He was a LEO for 32 years. I don't think he ever made any money off of the cattle and horses.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                      Unpopular opinion but maybe get a career that doesn’t require a side hustle?

Ain’t no way I’m gonna bust my tail at one place to only have to do it again for another person.

I see your point but maybe its something folks actually enjoy doing on the side, nothing wrong with making money at it too.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                        This is me. I work a second job because I like it, it's easy, and it pays mine and my wife's truck payments, and allows a little extra saving for a rainy day. It's a no brainer to me.

It's not really work if you enjoy it. Not to mention we don't have kids in the house, and have a lot of wasted time to get lazy and do nothing. Would rather have something to pass the time and get paid for it.
                        Last edited by captainsling; 03-14-2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          I work the glory hole at Love’s Truck stop #69.

Can I pick up a shift?
                          Ladies room....I HOPE!

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                            so very true, so very true... but we do what we gotta do, with out crying, like a snowflake
                            You're in the right building for snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              You're in the right building for snowflakes.
                              Yes Sir.. so very true

Comment

You can't loose if you side hustle is a hobby. Getting paid to do something you are going to do regardless isn't a bad deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X