Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
    Anyone been pushing pigs in this heat?
    why? I can not hardly push the lawn mower and there aint no grass to cut. Oh well if stuck a pig, it would be very lean and fall over dead even if just hit the ear. Probably tough bacon? Doubt even have any ticks. They are sufferin too poor little bugs.

Comment

Thanks Endo and Toomuchsun! That all sounds about like my line of thinking, so I'm glad to get a little outside confirmation on that. I didn't know there were locking game camera cables/boxes. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Anyone who lives close by have any information about the water level currently? Is the San Gabriel flowing good? Has the recent rain helped?

Thinking about driving up there for some fishing this week...last fall/winter the fishing was always great following rain and it didn't take much to get the water really flowing.

I live just shy of two hours away but don't mind the drive for some good fishing. All I've got to go off of is the water level and fishing report. Any insight on current conditions would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by PecanBuck View Post
          Anyone who lives close by have any information about the water level currently? Is the San Gabriel flowing good? Has the recent rain helped?

Thinking about driving up there for some fishing this week...last fall/winter the fishing was always great following rain and it didn't take much to get the water really flowing.

I live just shy of two hours away but don't mind the drive for some good fishing. All I've got to go off of is the water level and fishing report. Any insight on current conditions would be appreciated, thanks.
          I went out to pretend to dove hunt. Today and opening day was insane so MANY folks. I left. I did ck the river and it was horrible yuck. Poor darn fish. I bet the crawfish are seeking a spring to referesh. Its so dirty. I am fro
          m Georgetown and the rains sorta cleaned up the river here but need lots more water to fix this mess.

Comment

I'm in similar boat, 135 miles South and 2 1/2 hour drive. Looking to yak into primitive then up and down river to hunt. Want some water but not ragin' Any intel would help.

Comment

I'm probably going to be out stalking pig this weekend. Anyone been out there recently with any luck or anything to report in general?

Comment

Went out to Granger this morning. Sunrise was 7:15 so I was pushing in right at 6:45. A small game hunter showed up right as I was putting my gloves on and he said he'd been coming out but hasn't seen any hogs lately. Other than about 10 deer and a few cows, it was dead. I went to all my usual hog spots and there was nothing. I went a little outside of my usual boundaries and still had no luck, so I was out of there by 11.

I'm wondering if the hogs relocated with how dry the summer was. I have a different area I'm going to go try out next time and see if I have any better luck.

Comment

I've always passed this old house to/from the hunting area and it's been very distinctive to me. I thought it was just an old plantation house, but this past trip it just kinda clicked why I keep noticing the house. It's the house from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!! I also went and checked out a local haunted Bridge south of the lake.

Comment

I hike across that bridge almost every time I hunt Granger, coming in for the park.

Comment

https://williamsoncountytexashistory...iamson-county/ Laneport is where that bridge is

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                        Maybe it was there before, but now it's in Taylor park - Hoxie bridge. I heard they moved it in from somewhere, but I didn't see where. There's also Friendship bridge in there, but I had just got done walking the past 4 hours so I wasn't looking for a hike in to see Friendship bridge. lol

Comment

Near Gate 6, section IV I seen two feeder tubes near each other and a tree stand up in the air. Is that stand any of y'alls? I'm just curious if someone's running both tubes or if we have a couple guys trying to work the same area. The tubes are about 15 ft apart from each other.

Comment

any dove left in the area? Before the deer hunters start may want to walk and drag the ole shotgun out. Been busy with family issues so little bow hog chasin this year. Got to get out to retain my insanity!

Comment

I'm out right now, haven't seen any dove so far. Overall, it's been pretty quiet.

Comment

Working...
                              X