Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to see Garth in Houston, made it…kinda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see Garth in Houston, made it…kinda.

Bought the 4 tickets to Garth off here to see him last night in Houston. Made it to the concert after our 4hr drive. Found our seats, walked back out to the concourse to stretch as we had been in the car all day. Walked back in to the seats when the opening act started, and never made it to Garth.

Didnt even get to see the concert. Got “kicked out”.

My son, wife and daughter were going up a narrow stair case to the seats when two guys came to the top of the staircase and pushed passed my 14yo son, elbowed my wife into the wall and tried pushing passed my 12 year old daughter, I stepped up behind her and put my arm around her left arm around her to try to put as much of me as I could between these two grown men and my daughter. I met them on the third step, told them that we werent both gonna fit. He said “well im closer to the bottom than your are the top” and grabbed both handrails and tried to pull himself down the stairs past her and I. I put both of them on their backs and stepped passed them pushing my daughter passed.

The little usher lady working the stadium watched it and didnt pay them any attention when they tried tattle telling so they went and found some cops and tried to say I assaulted them. Got pulled into the police office so they could watch the video. The officer said the video was too dark to see anything but they asked me to leave after they watched the video. They were going to move the two guys to different seats. My wife threw a fit and said if I was getting kicked out that she wanted him charged with assault by contact for elbowing her into the wall. Wrote the guy a ticket and they weren’t gonna make him leave until my wife asked if he was being forced to leave too.

We made some family memories as planned just not the ones intended.

You didn't miss anything, I assure you.

Comment

That's one of the things I dislike about the city - people just don't have any respect anymore. I'm sorry this happened to you. Long way to drive for a turnout like that.

Comment

Garth is a liberal and he has looney liberal followers.

You did the right thing !

Comment

I still have his box set, but I quit listening shortly after it came out. That was when "Long Neck Bottle" was a fresh release and he started turning on us.

Comment

Lucky you. I can't stand his whining. XM radio Garth Channel made me not like him.

Comment

That’s just another example of people that have never had a real azz whipping and lost some teeth. Manners are a thing of the past. Sorry for the bad luck OP but good on you for defending the family. As men that is our first and foremost responsibility. ( And sometimes it can be fun).

Comment

Sorry you missed it, Thats why i hate going to big events. I cant stand people.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                  Sorry you missed it, Thats why i hate going to big events. I cant stand people.
                  Dang Jake. I thought that you liked us.

Comment

That's Shameless

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      That's Shameless
                      I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                        Dang Jake. I thought that you liked us.
                        Ill rephrase the statement lol. "i cant stand people EXCEPT for my immediate friends/family and 99.9% of TBH"

You happen to fall in the 99.9% so we can be friends lol

Comment

I appreciate the fact that you knocked two Garth fanboys on their asses. That was worth the price of admission.

On a side note, I wonder how many times Garth got choked up or went to full-on crying. Good Lord that man is soft. You ever see George Strait crying in a concert?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                            Ill rephrase the statement lol. "i cant stand people EXCEPT for my immediate friends/family and 99.9% of TBH"

You happen to fall in the 99.9% so we can be friends lol
                            All right. Just making sure.

Comment

Not judging anyone else, but I wouldn’t give two cents to see him if he was across the road from me. We saw Charlie Daniels seven times and never saw any chicken chit behavior at any of his concerts. God, I miss him !

Comment

Working...
                              X