No announcement yet.

Living the dream: TX to AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really cool and I commend y'all for making it happen. As I sit through yet another ****ed 100 degree day here in Texas, I am jelaous. The older I get, the more these temps get to me. Might have to move up there myself one day.

Comment

Originally posted by austinRecurve View Post
      Have fun! I did it for 10 years in Juneau. I miss it but Texas is home.
      Texas will always be home for both of us as well but it sure feels good to call ourselves to be Alaskan transplants though.

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
      Congrats on your adventure! I lived in Alaska for 13 years in the service and nothing compares. Enjoy your time there. Your in the last frontier, enjoy it to the fullest!
      A huge reason we moved was because there was so much we wanted to do and see, two week vacations every year up here for 20 years wouldn't allow us to check 1/3 of those things off.

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      Extremely jealous….congrats man! I may have missed it, but what town did y’all end up in?
      Kenai Peninsula

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Ive wanted to go back since we left 5 or 6 years ago.

This TBH member Andy or someone else?
      Someone else. I talked to Andy (if we're thinking of the same person) recently, we were moving at the same time just to different places.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Congrats, congrats and congrats!!! I will be in Fairbanks in 12 days for my Inland Grizzly hunt in unit 23!!! I have hunted Alaska at least 8 times but moving there is definitely a whole nother level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy it yall!!!
        Good luck and I sure hope you get one! Definitely post some pics and give a recap or live hunt like you usually do. This state could sure use the predator control that's for sure.

Comment

Man this awesome, congratulations on living your dream!

Comment

Man that’s excellent! Thanks for sharing your cool adventures

Comment

That’s awesome my man, I’m envious! I would love to do this but somewhere a little closer.

Comment

Good for you and your new bride!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations young man. Life only happens once.....live it.

Comment

Congrats on the move up here. I say up here because I'm on the Kenai right now visiting family and friends and filling my freezer with salmon. Lived here for 22 years. I'd still be here except I love my wife and she wanted out. Kinda figured you were on the Kenai from the scenery and the fish. Those looked like Kenai reds.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                      Congrats on the move up here. I say up here because I'm on the Kenai right now visiting family and friends and filling my freezer with salmon. Lived here for 22 years. I'd still be here except I love my wife and she wanted out. Kinda figured you were on the Kenai from the scenery and the fish. Those looked like Kenai reds.

You would be guessing correct. We put in some work on the reds the first few weeks getting a late start to fill the freezer. I think we ended up with around 50 reds or so. Nothing compares to filling your freezer with fresh salmon and eating it all year long. We have lots of smoking to do here when it starts getting cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finished strong on the sockeyes for the season. Been busy with work, getting ready for upcoming hunts, and scouting.

Yesterday threw a few spinners around in the evening for about an hour. Caught one of the last sockeye and my first silver of the year. Caught a couple pinks but let those go. Lost one other silver as well.

If time allows this week hoping to put a few more silvers in the freezer before I head out to go chase caribou with my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a Great Move!! Congrats on the fish!

Comment

Congrats! Wish the best for yall! Are you coming back for deer season? If so, hope to see you at your dad's place again!

Comment

Congrats man!

Comment

Living the dream, congratulations to you and your new bride.

Comment

Working...
                                X