No announcement yet.

Anyone want to work on Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be some elk hunters trying to get in shape on the forum.

Comment

Back when I was in high school in the 70’s we would have jumped all over this, but for maybe $2/hr.
      Times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
        What happens if one of the day laborers from home depot gets hurt? Has a heat stroke? Needs an ambulance?

Are you liable for that?

In the old days I wouldn't worry too much about those things but these days no way i would take a chance.

They are contract labor. If illegal they will not bring any attention on themselves. If legal you could have them sign an individual contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
          Back when I was in high school in the 70’s we would have jumped all over this, but for maybe $2/hr.
          Times have changed.
          $2 inflation adjusted from 1970 to today will be around $15!

Comment

Buy one of the 53cc post drivers on Ebay and do it yourself. I paid about $400 for one, used it two days and put in 200 posts by myself. Then I sold it for $300 the next week. I just tore out a half mile of brushed in fence and put up a new five strand in a month of mornings, working by myself. First light to 10:45 AM as I didn't want to mess up my daily lunch with the guys at the cafe. It came out to less than a hundred man-hours. If you have a Harbor Freight close by, pick up a corded pole saw. I put the generator in a little trailer behind the four-wheeler and laid down all the brush in two days. It sure beats chain saws, loppers, and brush hooks.

Comment

That lil bit of hrs, best to pay by the day. I don't know anyone who would work out in the heat and make 87 bucks.

Comment

Wow, I never expected all of these responses. Or should I say types of responses. If you only have to drive every 6th tpost it won't be so bad, will it?

I almost hate to say this, but I already lined up several people to work for less money on Sunday. I only needed 2-3 people for Saturday. We have power tools for everything.

All of y'all can eat crow but we are having Southwest Pulled Pork and Mom's homemade dessert. Maybe chocolate cake, maybe Tres Leches ... who knows? All I can say is everyone loves Mom's cooking. We always feed our workers good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  Wow, I never expected all of these responses. Or should I say types of responses. If you only have to drive every 6th tpost it won't be so bad, will it?

I almost hate to say this, but I already lined up several people to work for less money on Sunday. I only needed 2-3 people for Saturday. We have power tools for everything.

All of y'all can eat crow but we are having Southwest Pulled Pork and Mom's homemade dessert. Maybe chocolate cake, maybe Tres Leches ... who knows? All I can say is everyone loves Mom's cooking. We always feed our workers good.
                  I think you mispoke...you meant you need 3-4 people. What time is lunch, err, I mean, what time do I need to be there?[emoji56]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    JIB tacos and Sonic chilicheese dogs Duh!
                    The hired hands will be taking chit breaks all afternoon if that's for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                      Yep

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                      Going day rate $125-$250 depending on what skill you’re looking for.

Comment

Good luck. I hope you find the help you need.

Comment

I can’t even hire a dishwasher to work inside for that! Good luck and I hope you can find some help.

Comment

Help at that price might not be the top of the class…
                            Best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

Good luck unless they are family or friends.

As most have said, even home depot day labor with no skill is 20-25ish min per hour to dig holes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Not around here. All sugar sand. If she has sand, she will be able to push most of it in.

Thatll work.

Comment

Working...
                                X