No announcement yet.

Do your kids love it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My kids are too young but I hope they love it. I was consumed by hunting and fishing when I was a kid and still am. But, my parents weren’t into it at all so it was hard to have the opportunities that the kids who had parents that were really into it.

With that said and knowing the feeling, I will try to be ate up with whatever my kids are passionate about instead of just ignoring it. I’d rather be with them and learning what they love them dragging them to things they could care less about. I’ll let y’all know how it works out in about 10 years haha
    Last edited by Diamond07; 07-19-2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I have 3 sons. 2 of them love to hunt and fish; especially my oldest. He has been shooting pigs since 3-4 years old and shot his first buck this year at 5. My middle son; loves fishing. He also is looking forward to shooting his first pig this year. My youngest is 1 and just enjoys being around his brothers while they fish and shoot.

Both love shooting anything that moves, or cans, with their sling shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokio View Post
        My oldest son was never interested. My youngest (senior at Tarleton) is totally eat up with it. We’ll see how excited he is next year when he gets to start paying his part. Lol.
        That is kinda one of the reasons I started this thread. Was curious how many kids are just kinda into hunting, they do it bc their parents do it or it is convenient for them. With the cost of hunting and cost of living. I wonder how many cant justify the cost of hunting when they have to start paying it for themselves; considering they weren't all that into it to begin with.

Comment

Oldest son (22) does not like to hunt. The jury is still out on the youngest boy (10).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine both love to go to the ranch. My son is all about killing everything that moves. My daughter is much more picky. Both really like the cooking and campfire time. We have a no phone rule at the camp. Great conversation is had because of this.

Comment

My son likes to hunt. Especially bird hunting! It’s kinda lit a fire back into me as well chasing birds. He enjoys the deer lease and still fished with me some but not like he used too. My daughter has no desire to fish and wants to go to the lease just to play in the camper and watch movies. I’ve tried to get her to go and sit in a stand with me in the evenings but she doesn’t want too! 8 hours is too far to drive to play in a camper and watch movies! She likes to ride in the boat and swim though.

Comment

My daughter is 10 and last year was her first year behind the trigger, which included her first duck, deer and pig. She is showing more interest now this year and hopefully that continues to grow.

Comment

My son is ate up with it, hunting and fishing.

My middle daughter will fish occasionally,

Youngest daughter loves to hunt and fish.

Comment

My son are daughter loves the out doors. The deer lease is there happy place. If it’s not fishing or hunting they aren’t interested in it.

Comment

I am so lucky that my kids live to hunt!! I have two lifelong hunting partners and cannot wait to see what the future holds for us. We have a busy fall planned and this may be our best hunting season yet?!?!

Comment

Mine like the idea of going hunting, but then aren’t real enthusiastic once we get to the deer lease. Hoping they grow into it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Same, and it makes me sad
                          All can change, back when I was a kid, I wasn't as much into hunting. Only got really into it when i was in early 20s

Comment

My oldest son hunted when he was a kid but doesn’t care anything about it now, my youngest son loves to hunt and fish but isn’t as “obsessed” as I was at his age, and my daughter likes to hunt but can take it or leave it.

Comment

TLDR:
                              Teach your kids hunting even if they aren't that interested.

Full Story:
                              For those worried your kids aren't that into it. I hunted hard from 12 until 18 (I sat in the tree starting at 10), then went to college 3 hours from home. I tried to learn how to hunt the woods in Northern Michigan, but lost interest when living on a poor college kid budget and I was the only one doing it. I stopped hunting for 10 years, from 18 to 28.

At 28, I found elk hunting. Turns out, I just got bored with white tail hunting. I love chasing animals. Elk have me back into it harder than ever, and I found that I now tolerate white tail hunting because the feeling of providing food for my family is awesome.

So for those who think their kids aren't that interested, I was one of those kids, and now live for the September elk woods.

Comment

My son is 19 and college. When he came home for break last year (thanksgiving thru second week of jan) he spent more time in the deer stand than he did at home. Which didnt make either of the grannies happy.

I think he likes to fish more thought. Going to school in florida doesnt help that

Comment

Working...
                                X