No announcement yet.

MesquiteCountry's Recipe thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i do. i'll post it when i put jolie down.

Comment

Tortilla soup

32oz water
      2 Split Chicken Breast
      1 Can Rotel
      1 Can Diced Tomato
      1/2 onion chopped
      Juice of 2 limes
      2 Avocados
      Tortilla Chips
      Sour Cream
      Pinch of Cilantro
      Shredded cheddar or whatever you like
      Teaspoon cumin
      Teaspoon Paprika
      Salt and Pepper to Taste

Boil Chicken in Water. Once cooked Remove chicken and shred the meat. Return to pot. Add in onion, rotel, tomato, and spices. Simmer for 15 minutes on a slow boil.

In the bowl in which you're going to serve in. Crush up tortilla chips and put in a little cubed avocado, cilantro, juice from half a lime, a little cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. Pour soup into bowl and serve.

Serve with Modelo Especial, Dos Equis, Tecate, or a Corona. Lime optional!

Comment

Thanks Travis,

Gonna try this tonight.

Comment

cooking it right now. It smells Awesome!!!! Pics to come

Comment

Either it sucked or he forgot to take pics! I hope it was the latter!

Comment

Sorry for the delay Travis! Actually it was the best tortilla soup I have ever had. I made a few modifications like I added tomato boullion with chicken flavor to the water as well as put a little bit more water then reccomended. I also used the extra hot rotel. It was AWESOME!!!! Thanks for a great recipe Travis!!!!! Here's the pics of the process.

You guys have got to try this!!!!

Comment

Man that looks great!

Comment

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a little this little that addition to make it your own!!!!!! I love it!

Comment

Travis that guacamole recipe is spot on!!! I made my own pico instead of using the HEB brand, but man was it good!!!

Comment

Hey Travis,

How do you do pork chops?

Thanks,

Barrett

Comment

mostly either lightly battered and panfried with a little oil.

Batter of flour, seasoning salt, and bread crumbs.

Or barbecued and slathered in bbq sauce.

Comment

Dude!

The 30 minute Red Beans and Rice........Phenominal!

Ok, so I tricked it up just a fuzz. Bein a student of Emeril (I'm a food network nerd), I rolled with a half a green bell pepper diced, and an equal amount of celery diced, along with half a red onion diced.(The Trinity). I started the sautee a couple minutes early on the pepper and celery before the onion. Then proceeded as prescribed an added some diced cilantro sometime between adding the sausage and rice. And I used brown rice because my wife prefers it.

I might have used one more can of beans if I'd had it to make up for the added veggies(drained though, unlike the 1st two cans), as the liquid was perfect but I like beans.

My wife is from Louisianna, and has spent plenty of time in New Orleans, and she LOVED IT!

Another winner......Thanks Travis.

How bout some MC Dirty Rice????
                          Last edited by Dale Moser; 08-27-2008, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Dude!

The 30 minute Red Beans and Rice........Phenominal!

Ok, so I tricked it up just a fuzz. Bein a student of Emeril (I'm a food network nerd), I rolled with a half a green bell pepper diced, and an equal amount of celery diced, along with half a red onion diced.(The Trinity). I started the sautee a couple minutes early on the pepper and celery before the onion. Then proceeded as prescribed an added some diced cilantro sometime between adding the sausage and rice. And I used brown rice because my wife prefers it.

I might have used one more can of beans if I'd had it to make up for the added veggies(drained though, unlike the 1st two cans), as the liquid was perfect but I like beans.

My wife is from Louisianna, and has spent plenty of time in New Orleans, and she LOVED IT!

Another winner......Thanks Travis.

How bout some MC Dirty Rice
                            Dale I prefer brown rice as well. Glad you liked it. awesome addition

Here you go Dale. I make mine with a little Texas twist.

all diced
                            1/4 cup onion
                            1/4 cup celery
                            1/4 cup bell
                            2 cloves garlic minced
                            1/2 jalapeno seeded
                            1/2 stick butter
                            1/4 cup salt pork or better yet some leftover brisket or pulled pork
                            1/2 pound pan sausage
                            3 or 4 chicken livers
                            salt and pepper to taste
                            1 cup chicken broth
                            4 cups cooked rice

saute all vegetables and meats in butter. when brown add broth and scrape pan. stir in rice. voila

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                              Hey Travis,

How do you do pork chops?

Thanks,

Barrett
                              if i may butt in

pork works well with italian seasoning, (think italian sausage) wether you maranade in italian salad dressing or use a dry italian seasoning, they both are good...

Comment

Great suggestion Billy!

Comment

Working...
                                X