No announcement yet.

MesquiteCountry's Recipe thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds good. I have never made ribs before and I have never smoked anything. So needless to say Im new at this right now. But I usually can figure it out after a couple of times. Thanks for the help man

Comment

glad to help let me know if you have more questions.

Comment

Travis what do you use for a dry rub? Like I said Im new to cooking ribs and smoking things.

Comment

I mainly use Adams BBQ rub or Brisket rub or Earl Campbells All Purpose. You can get it at Academy. the adams at HEB.

Comment

I think I may have to make my own all purpose here pdq. I'll work on a few concoctions and see what works best.

Comment

Mudslinger's squirrel thread brought back childhood memories of a meal that a lady that cleaned my great grandmothers house. She would make it whenever I requested it. She always called me sugar pie. Probably one of the nicest ladies and best cooks I've ever met. didnt have a mean bone in her body except when she gave me a good switching for being a butt. Talked 90 miles a minute but could cook like nobody's business. Her greens were out of this world too but cant remember the recipe. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

It was very easy and simple. Full of fat and flavor.

Ground Hamburger Balls in Gravy!

1 pound hamburger meat
              2 Tablespoons garlic powder
              1/4 cup dehydrated onions.
              2 Tablespoons of Black Pepper
              Salt to taste
              1/2 Stick Butter
              Flour
              Water

Combine all hamburger, spices, and a little salt and make round meatball looking patties. Spray the pan with a little pam and brown the patties on both sides. Not all the way through. When done throw in butter and let melt. When melted throw in a bout a tablespoon of flour and whisk it around the meat. When incorporated add in about a cup or so of water or enough to cover the patties about half way. Put it on low cover them and let them go for about 30 minutes. Turning them half way through. Serve with mash potatoes and something green.

Man my arteries are clogging just thinking about it!

Comment

I hear ya on the squirrel thread. My buddies Grandma use to make me and him squirrel meat biscuits and gravy after we would kill some squirrels. It was so good.

Comment

way back up there you had a tarter sauce recipe. I don't remember how I came across it but try some red wine vinegar in the mix. Makes it very good!

Thanks for all the recipes. I'm gonna have to try the red beans and rice

Comment

Grilled beef or whitetail tenderloin with oaxaca (mexican melting white) cheese and portabella mushroom

Cut up one portabella mushroom into chunks

saute in olive oil with a dash of black pepper, salt, and a little parsley.

Cook 4 loins on high heat till medium rare

place mushrooms on top.

Then shred cheese on top and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes until golden brown

Serve with a caipirina drink and eat!

Just made it here at the house and it was awesome!

Comment

These are some GREAT recipes!!!!!!

Comment

Tequila Mustard Shrimp

2 pounds shrimp butterflied and deveined
                        Juice of 1 lemon
                        1/4 cup Whole Grain Mustard
                        1/4 cup Onions minced
                        2 garlic cloved minced
                        Tablespoon Worcestshire
                        1/4 cup tequila (a gold or resposada)
                        2 tablespoons olive oil

Place shrimp, lemon juice and worcestshire in a bowl, and mix them up and let them marinate for about 5-10 minutes.

The rest is going to sound much harder than it is. Make sure you have some salt, baking soda or extinguisher handy!

Sweat the onions and garlic (put them in a cold pan then put them on the heat set temp at medium high) with the oil. cook till transluscent. Next dump in the shrimp mixture. Toss around a bit when they start to curl add in the mustard. Keep stirring so it doesnt burn. Now finally when the pan is good in and popping hot again pour in the tequila! I WILL EMPHASIZE THAT THIS WILL BE FLAMMABLE! Not something dangerous just control it. If you have a gas stove just turn the pan a little bit over the flame until it lights. If you have electric start it with a stick lighter. You'll have a pretty good flame for a few seconds. Once it starts to slow down continue to stir or flip around in the pan. Once the shrimp have fully curled and you have a nice gravy serve it over some angel hair pasta. Top with a little parmesan cheese.

Comment

Sonoran Salsa con Aguacate (Avocado)

Roast one Anaheim or Poblano Chile Can be done in a fire place or on some coals. Just throw it on the bare coals and rotate with some tongs.

Remove all black and dice into 1/4" pieces
                          Cut up the following 1/4"

Tomato, Onion, cucumber, chop cilantro.

Take juice from one lime.

Combine all ingredients for a great fish topping or as a dip.

You could also throw in some canned drained black beans as well as some roasted corn.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonoran Salsa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	23848273

Name:	Sonoran Catfish.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	23848274

Comment

Fire warning**** Keep salt, baking soda or extinguisher handy just in case

Cabo Catfish

Ingredients
                            2 Catfish Filets
                            Lime
                            Onions
                            Tomato
                            Avocado
                            Feta Cheese or Oaxaca Quesadilla Melting Cheese
                            Mushrooms
                            Bell Pepper (Red Preferrably)
                            Paprika
                            Salt and Pepper
                            Tequila (resposada) (Lit with stick lighter or gas stove) Tequila must be simmering before lighting.

Make it just like the pictures below. Frying pan and Medium High heat.

Name:	Cabo Catfish.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	23848275

Name:	Cabo catfish2.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	23848276

Name:	cabo catfish3.jpg
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	23848277

Name:	Cabo Catfish4.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	23848278

Name:	Cabo Catfish5.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	23848279

Name:	Cabo Catfish6.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	23848280

Name:	Cabo Catfish7.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	23848281

Name:	Cabo Catfish8.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	23848282

Name:	cabo catfish9.jpg
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	23848283

Comment

Homemade Ice Cream Base

You can change many things but here's the custard base.

Separate 6 egg yolks. Discard the whites. Place 4 cups heavy cream in a stock pot. Slowly heat up on medium heat until it gets war/hot to the touch. Stir every 30 seconds. Add in 2 cups sugar. Once it gets hot take some of the hot cream and add it to the yolks to temper them. Keep adding it a little at a time whisking constantly. Then add it back to the stock pot.

(If you want to add vanilla (1 Tablespoon) or a vanilla bean stripped do it now. Place on low and continue to stir until it thickens up and will coat the back of a spoon.) If not we'll be adding in other ingredients shortly. You could also use lemon or pineapple extract here as well. Same usage.

Set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes. Next add it to 4 cups of cold whole milk.

If you're going to use fruit or additives you want to add it in now as it is cooling. For chocolate chip. Grate some chocolate (not milk chocolate) semi sweet or dark. Grate it in about a cup will suffice.

Or you could add in a cup of strawberries, pineapples, blue berries, or whatever else strikes you. Add half now and the other half, half way through when the ice cream starts to thicken up.

Last throw it in your ice cream maker, salt the ice with ice cream or epsom salt and turn it on and let it go to work! Serve it soft!

Comment

Hey Travis,

Do you have one for tortilla soup?

Comment

Working...
                                X