No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i was finally able to get some decent water on the plot today with the help of a buddy with a large tank and pump sprayer, still holding out for any kind of rain though.

was upset to see the newest round of pics and see that the big one had knocked a chunk of velvet off the tip of his left main beam, i found the piece of velvet in one of the feeder troughs yesterday and thought it was squirrel fur (strangely), it was recommended by someone that my feeder may have been to blame, and it was.

gonna be real interesting to see what he does now.

this primos cam takes good pics buy they need to be zoomed in:

Comment

He's looking fine!

Comment

he is a horse

Comment

Cool thread!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            He's looking fine!

My plot isnt...lol. how are yours looking? I got some fertilizer out yesterday and water on it today, hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
              My plot isnt...lol. how are yours looking? I got some fertilizer out yesterday and water on it today, hope it helps.
              Mine are toast. Neighbor let the cows in accidentally and they ate everything to the ground....plus we have not had any rain in a month. Very brown and very dry.

I suspect that my Durana Clover will take off again in the fall once cooler weather and rains come back.

Comment

ah yes, i remember now, sorry to bring that back up....lol

surprisingly i have two pockets of clover that are holding fairly strong, i flooded them yesterday so maybe they will hold on a bit longer till i can water again.

Comment

I had to shred mine. Weeds over took the peas/beans. It was sad looking at all the cut stalks, but atleast they got 3 months out of it ....

Be nice if he dropped a drop tine out of that injured spot.

Comment

that sucks man, the weeds arent too bad in mine, some grass and goat weed is starting to come up in patches but i am not to worried about them, being the first time planting this spot. i just need rain.

Comment

hopefully the rain we got this week will help the peas/beans pull through for a big longer, half of the clover is doing good, the other half is still struggling.

here is big boy two days ago, the damaged left side is gonna be interesting, the mass is there though.

Comment

Great looking deer. Cant wait to see how he finishes.

Comment

What a great buck! Are those ticks on his horns or bumps?

Comment

they are little bumps, he is gonna have several extra kickers and stickers this year. there is a clover plot off camera to the right, i am pretty sure he is crossing through it to get to that feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              they are little bumps, he is gonna have several extra kickers and stickers this year. there is a clover plot off camera to the right, i am pretty sure he is crossing through it to get to that feeder.
                              Cool. I've seen ticks covering velvet antlers to the point it looked like they had leprosy.

Comment

yeah me too, saw one hit by a car last year, had a bunch of ticks on the antlers

Comment

Working...
                                X