• Show
Clear All

Anyone have and info on purina?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
      Anyone have and info on purina?

ZERO luck in having them reply to multiple requests for analysis reports.
      If you have any contacts there, I’d be happy to pursue further.

Comment

I made the switch to the #2 TDN feed from our other running list/post on protein feed. Bee Co Co-Op.

Brought out my new 2,000 lb hammer unit to west TX in Feb and filled it up, leaving it open most day and night which got the deer used to the new feeder.

One of my hunting partners has a 1,200 lb free choice protein feeder that he feed Fehner protein from.

Between the 2 of us we usually have the most deer on camera all year.

It is super green out there now and the deer have a lot to chose from to eat.

We went to fill feeders yesterday and my partner only had to add 200 pounds to his feeder after 70 days and mine was completely empty.

The deer at my spot ate 10x the amount of protein from my feeder than his.

To me that’s saying something positive about Bee County Co-Op Feed. The new Bohuslav Agg Supply in Hallettsville on Hwy 90 is a new dealer. So glad I found a feed that won’t break the bank and at the same time has a great TDN% As well as loved by the deer.

Comment

Any idea what San Angelo pellets TDN is?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            Looks like they make a handful of different deer feeds. Please be more specific so I can ask about an exact feed when I send the request. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              Looks like they make a handful of different deer feeds. Please be more specific so I can ask about an exact feed when I send the request. Thanks!
              Could you please get the TDN on Dream Maker 17% deer protein from Angelo Pellets when you ask, please.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                Could you please get the TDN on Dream Maker 17% deer protein from Angelo Pellets when you ask, please.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

They replied and said that mix tests between 63-66% TDN so I will list it as 64.5% on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                  They replied and said that mix tests between 63-66% TDN so I will list it as 64.5% on the list.
                  Thank you, Sir.

Comment

New running list.

Roasted Soybeans = 94% ***NOT A PROTEIN PELLET****
                    Double Down = 82.5%
                    Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 20 = 79.5%
                    Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 17 = 78.1%
                    Lyssey & Eckel 20% = 76.7%
                    LoneStar Horns Plus = 75%
                    Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                    MoorMan's Rack Plus Deer/Elk 18-4 = 71.5%
                    Record Rack 20 = 71%
                    Sportsman's Choice Golden Deer Nuggets = 70%
                    Palmer's Eco-Deer 20 = 69.2%
                    AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                    Red Chain 20 = 65%
                    Fehner = 64.7%
                    MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                    San Angelo Dreammaker 17% = 64.5%
                    Livengood Mega-Rack = 63%
                    MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                    Red Chain 17 = 60%

Comment

Here's a good way to figure out what you are paying for DIGESTIBLE protein per pound.

I'll do some examples....a few from the top of the list and a few from the bottom:

Easier to figure by 100 pounds in my mind this AM pre-coffee intake. The prices are what I found close so feel free to adjust as your pricing may vary.

Double Down = $14.50/bag = $29.00/100
                      TDN = 82.5%
                      Divide $29/82.5 and that give you $0.35 per pound of digestible protein
                      1,000 pound feeder is actually feeding 825 pounds of digestible protein

Bee County Co-Op 20% = $10.75/bag = $21.50/100
                      TDN = 79.5%
                      Divide $21.50/79.5 and that give you $0.27 per pound of digestible protein
                      1,000 pound feeder is actually feeding 795 pounds of digestible protein

Lyssey & Eckel = $10.50/bag = $21.00/100
                      TDN = 76.7%
                      Divide $21/76.7 and that give you $0.27 per pound of digestible protein
                      1,000 pound feeder is actually feeding 767 pounds of digestible protein

MG 18% = $9.95/bag = $19.90/100
                      TDN = 64.7%
                      Divide $19.90/64.7 and that give you $0.30 per pound of digestible protein
                      1,000 pound feeder is actually feeding 647 pounds of digestible protein

AntlerMax 20 = $13.49/bag = $26.98/100
                      TDN = 67%
                      Divide $26.98/67 and that give you $0.40 per pound of digestible protein
                      1,000 pound feeder is actually feeding 670 pounds of digestible protein

Comment

I pay about 12.00 a bag for Double Down at Dilley. How does that add up?
                        I also like the fact that there is almost 1000 lbs of shelled raw peanuts and cottonseed meal per ton the deer are digesting. I wonder what is in these other feed blends. Ingredients make a big difference on top of the highest TDN in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocket Cowboy View Post
                          I also like the fact that there is almost 1000 lbs of shelled raw peanuts and cottonseed meal per ton the deer are digesting. .

We addressed that claim earlier in this thread. If that was the case the protein % would be much higher than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocket Cowboy View Post
                            I pay about 12.00 a bag for Double Down at Dilley. How does that add up?
                            I also like the fact that there is almost 1000 lbs of shelled raw peanuts and cottonseed meal per ton the deer are digesting. I wonder what is in these other feed blends. Ingredients make a big difference on top of the highest TDN in the market.

If you are getting DD for $12/bag here is the breakdown:

Double Down = $12.0/bag = $24.00/100
                            TDN = 82.5%
                            Divide $24/82.5 and that give you $0.29 per pound of digestible protein
                            1,000 pound feeder is actually feeding 825 pounds of digestible protein

Comment

Very interesting thread. I feed Antler Max because that's what I'm able to get delivered by the local feed store but I'm going to look at different options next year

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                                Very interesting thread. I feed Antler Max because that's what I'm able to get delivered by the local feed store but I'm going to look at different options next year
                                Is it not doing whats advertised?

Comment

Working...
                                X