Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year in the life of a farm

“Whitetail Wisdom”

I like whitetail wisdom. It’s a farm/wildlife/ranch based channel but the end goal is whitetails... I think lol.

I agree that one channel would work best. Preface video for Louisiana and Mexico at the beginning with names.

For example:

Old Mexico: Tactics for supplemental feeding

Creole Country: no till drill tips

Some other channel names
    The Life of a Farm
    Ranch and Wildlife 101
    Southern Farming and Whitetails

It can be called anything under the sun and we’ll still all subscribe. I think the one thing to think about when naming your channel is what audience do you want to attract (outside of tbh family) and in someway incorporate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

One channel, divided into separate titles. It would be easier to keep track of all the info that way.

Comment

one channel. "bucks that will make you puke blood!"

Comment

One Channel:

El Gato's Farm and Ranch

Comment

Awesome, I've been traveling since last Thursday arriving home today to see all the posts. Great and helpful stuff.I will go with one channel with the name to be determined.The name probably won't include puking blood, Rusty's racks or such renditions not that those aren't good ideas but I want to be more general. I'll title the specific posts with a lot of detail describing what the video is about.

Certainly there will be deer video and mgt. projects and processes but I want to attract a broader audience by including everything we do...builder richer more fertile soil, organic gardening, bees and honey, pollinator gardens, meat processing, herb gardening, timber mgt., ...and the list goes on.

Thanks again for all the help and ideas. Couple video's already made, channel launch after this weekend

Comment

Land and Wildlife Management on Bayou Rigolette. HA! Look forward to the videos Mr. Rusty.

Comment

Awesome rusty. I’ll be sure to tune in. Sounds like it’s going to be a great learning tool.

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                  Now we are having fun. Roller crimping an 11 acre field of sunn hemp, cow peas, soy beans, buck wheat and sunflower. This has been a huge success feeding lots of deer. Many of our very best bucks have been hanging around this field. The cow peas have climbed to the top of the sunn hemp which is taller than the tractor.

We will let sit a few days the spray and plant with rye, radishes and crimson. There is a 9 acre field adjacent to this that was planted in wheat and radishes a week ago and is already up doing well. So there will always be something on the table.

Maybe some one with better skills can rotate the pic.

Elgato, is this mix similar to Whitetail Institute’s “powerplant”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had to look up to see what was in PowerPLant. Didn't see all the cultivars but noticed they used vining soybeans.They are great but I use regular soy beans and cow peas. The cow peas crawl up the sun hemp and sunflowers. Couple reasons I don't use vining soy beans include that I terminate this mix sometime in Sept. to plant the fall crop. You lose some of the value of vining soybeans because they will keep growing to frost which around here may be mid/late Oct. Vining soybeans are more expensive than regular soy beans. By August the beans I plant have matured beans which are heavily grazed.

I don't know what the rates of each specie they put in power plant nor all the different species so I cant compare to what I do exactly. But it looks similar. I'm willing to bet that mixing as I do is cheaper that buying BOB.

Comment

Maiden voyage folks. Just trying to figure out how to do all this. Here's an intro.I'll keep practicing and expand the scope. Will finish video #2 tomorrow, then do one with bucks from the farm.

Comment

Awesome stuff. I will be impatiently following along. Thank you much for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                          Maiden voyage folks. Just trying to figure out how to do all this. Here's an intro.I'll keep practicing and expand the scope. Will finish video #2 tomorrow, then do one with bucks from the farm.
                          https://youtu.be/4TDTq8v0ZME
                          Lookin good!!!!
                          I’m in!!!

Comment

Awesome stuff Rusty. Can’t wait to see your content

Comment

I love the intro!! Going to be awesome!

Comment

Very cool! I can't wait to see more videos.

Comment

Working...
                                X