X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein comparison

Double Down deer feed vs Antler Max 20 percent results
    Attached Files

It is neither, but would be a cooler if I did.

Comment

Huh?

Comment

I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comparison between 2 popular feed brands. Double down has been discussed a lot on here, as well as other brands. Would be cool to compare 2 feeders or several feeders each filled with different brands on a property and see if deer prefer one over another. Just something you could do with this app, other than track how much feed you have put out in each feeder.
          Last edited by Beargrasstx; 01-19-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Which feed is in what feeder? Is DD in feeder 2 & Antler Max in Protein Feeder A?

Comment

Is a app necessary?

Seems like if you are using 2 separate feeders that are the same size you could just do a bag count when you go back out? That's if you are there before they both run out. If they are both out then how would you compare? How would you tell when they ran out if you are not there?

If your 2 feeders aren't the same, which is what your photo looks like. Then just put the same amount of bags in each feeder which would be 3615 since you would just top the smaller one off and then show back up before they run out and BAM!!!! No app needed. Just my opinion.

You can log how many bags you used in your notes that's already on your phone or on a piece of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by kp143631 View Post
                Which feed is in what feeder? Is DD in feeder 2 & Antler Max in Protein Feeder A?

I think it was made up to show what the app can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was just an example of a feature you could use in my app. To do a study you would want the feeders to be the same size, on the same property (habitat), and do it over a long period of time.

Not just put 10 sacks in each feeder and see which one empties the quickest. To get a true gauge on anything you need duration and to control variables as much as possible. Like coons or squirrels for example. Maybe deer only go to one feeder over another. This is a way to track feeder(s) consumption during a year. If you feed, simply enter the amount of feed filled each time. All you have to do is enter this in your phone and you have the record at your finger tips. This is like one feature out of many that you can do and access easily.

Just an example, the feeders aren't real as stated in response under post.

Comment

Screenshot of of a record you can enter on your phone. Edit, delete, or share with a group...like other lease members. You can enter notes on far right side. Maybe you want to put feed cost or price per bag in that area
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Beargrasstx; 01-20-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

What if you feed bulk?

Comment

I think to really see which one they like the most on a given year you'd want to place the feeders side by side. Thereby giving them the choice at each station visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                          I think to really see which one they like the most on a given year you'd want to place the feeders side by side. Thereby giving them the choice at each station visit.

You could do that

I just wanted to demonstrate one way this could help improve your deer hunting or management. This is just a small feature but one that can be useful. You could keep notes on pricing for each record you keep. You can share records with other people. You could even compare different types of feed instead of protein pellets. Name a feeding station on your property, keep up with how many pounds of cotton seed or alfalfa you are putting out.
                          You could track individual feeding stations or like in this example compare them. You can compare as many feeding stations as you have versus one another. Doesn't have to be just 2.

Sure you could try and track this stuff on your PC using excel or write down on paper. What happens if you lose your paper? Do you always have your paperwork on you? Your PC is great but again it won't always be where you are or in the field. You could keep notes on your phone but what happens if you have phone issues or upgrade phones?

These records are always able to be accessed from anywhere you have wireless service or internet. Super convenient and reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                            Is a app necessary?

Seems like if you are using 2 separate feeders that are the same size you could just do a bag count when you go back out? That's if you are there before they both run out. If they are both out then how would you compare? How would you tell when they ran out if you are not there?

If your 2 feeders aren't the same, which is what your photo looks like. Then just put the same amount of bags in each feeder which would be 3615 since you would just top the smaller one off and then show back up before they run out and BAM!!!! No app needed. Just my opinion.

You can log how many bags you used in your notes that's already on your phone or on a piece of paper.
                            Answered some of your questions in other replies. Basically, you are entering records each time you fill a feeder on your phone. After several months or a year duration of filling the feeders multiple times you get an idea of how much is being consumed. You can trend this use over the time period you select by selecting dates. You have all these records already with notes attached. This is an extra feature that allows you to see total consumption in each of your feeders. This example was 2 feeders but you could do as many as you want. We have tested it up to 10 feeders on a property. You could even put alfalfa or cotton seed at a 'feeder station' just put how many pounds you are putting out each time. Doesn't necessarily have to be protein pellets.

Sure you could track one feeder or 10 feeders with paper but what happens if you lose your paper? Do you always have your paper with you? You do always have your phone and you can get to your records anytime by logging in to the 'app' or 'website'. You could keep notes in your phone but that will get long and tedious, plus you can't create graphs to easily see trends. What happens if your phone breaks? You upgrade phones? Lot of work put in to accidentally lose it.

You have access to your records anywhere you have wireless service or internet. There is way more to the app than just this record keeping. You can do a ton of stuff. Some of which I will spend the next year showing a little at a time. The great thing is you can access this from a PC, phone, or tablet. On vacation but want to check something out? At work or home and want to plan the upcoming weekend or your hunt?

Comment

Interested in the app. Did I miss the name and how to download? Didn’t read all of the posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X