T. Boone Pickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
    How could he do that without their consent? Just curious.
    He very smartly found or created a loophole that allowed him to run waterlines etc under other easements. I dont remember the exact facts but that is the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
      He very smartly found or created a loophole that allowed him to run waterlines etc under other easements. I dont remember the exact facts but that is the gist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        I thought it was a funny line about when he knew his college basketball career was over. His coach said “Pickens, this ain’t your sport - you can’t run fast enough to scatter leaves”
        Lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Mr. Pickens.
          Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
          Worked as his assistant ranch manager for 7 years. Lots of stories to tell. Many loved him and many didnt care for him. . Regardless of where folks stand he donated LOTS of money to charity and causes and helped lots of people.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/11/...ies-at-91.html

Comment

I never met the man, but: I flew into Amarillo for a pheasant hunt in Dalhart in the early 90's and had reserved a 4x4 rental. T. Boone arrived ahead of us and had rented every 4x4 in the area for his hunting pals. We ended up with a mini van. Obviously, money talks...

Comment

Seemed like a good guy!

Comment

What a legend and he'll be leaving one heck of a legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  How could he do that without their consent? Just curious.
                  ED and started a “public” utility company, with his wife in charge...

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AD88 View Post
                      I think we’re hunting one of his former quail ranches NW of Aspermont turned into deer/quail now. Rough country but beautiful along Salt fork of Brazos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Probably so, he owned a lot of land in Stonewall Co at one time

Comment

For anyone that is interested, there is a live feed right now at boonepickens.com

Comment

I've been working at M.D Anderson 21 years and he has donated millions here, got a building with his name here on Holcombe Blvd.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                            I've been working at M.D Anderson 21 years and he has donated millions here, got a building with his name here on Holcombe Blvd.

This is plenty for me to form my opinion of him. He’s good in my book

Comment

Working...
                            X