No announcement yet.

2019/2020 bosque county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a 7/8 year old 8 point that we know well. Just a little comparison of velvet to slick. These two photos were taken 9 hours apart on 9/3.

I do appreciate him standing in the same place for both morning and afternoon photos.

Hope all is well.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Comment

On that drop tine buck I'd prob lean on 4, for a summertime deer his neck transitions into his brisket pretty well

Comment

The great Lord did not give me the patience's that others are blessed with, so I believe I will be "dusting" in my fall/winter food plot seeds this weekend.

Hope all the McLennan and Bosque County hunters have a great season. I believe after pulling cards I am going to go sign up Ashton and Breck into the Clifton Chamber of Commerce Big Buck Contest............one just never knows.........

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          The great Lord did not give me the patience's that others are blessed with, so I believe I will be "dusting" in my fall/winter food plot seeds this weekend.

Hope all the McLennan and Bosque County hunters have a great season. I believe after pulling cards I am going to go sign up Ashton and Breck into the Clifton Chamber of Commerce Big Buck Contest............one just never knows.........

Rwc

After pulling my card the past few month I might need to sign up also. Good luck this year.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
            After pulling my card the past few month I might need to sign up also. Good luck this year.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-
            And best of luck to you also.

Rwc

Comment

Good luck to all. Images are looking better and better across the county it seems.

Comment

I don’t need to get in any big buck contests, but I have been surprised by a couple of bucks that showed up. For having never hunted this area and only getting setup 2 months ago on a place that hasn’t been hunted/fed for years I’m kind of impressed and excited. My 5yo daughter has come up with some creative names for a few bucks and she’s going to go sit with me for the first time this year. Should be good times and memories made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
                  I don’t need to get in any big buck contests, but I have been surprised by a couple of bucks that showed up. For having never hunted this area and only getting setup 2 months ago on a place that hasn’t been hunted/fed for years I’m kind of impressed and excited. My 5yo daughter has come up with some creative names for a few bucks and she’s going to go sit with me for the first time this year. Should be good times and memories made.

I just happen to have a daughter that started sitting with me about that age. She likes the heck out of killing critters, bet yours will too. I am sure you have already thought of it, but the IPAD, coloring books and snacks go a long ways with young ones in the stand..........

Rwc

Comment

Yes sir I will be hauling 1/2 my house to the blind I would imagine

Comment

Heading out tomorrow to finish setting up/cleaning up and top everything off before we let it sit in peace a few weeks. 2 new locations set up that I hang stands on tomorrow so I can’t Wait to pull cards and see if good locations thus far.

Comment

I planted Monday hoping to catch this rain event. So fingers crossed it comes through.

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
                          I planted Monday hoping to catch this rain event. So fingers crossed it comes through.

Yea, started to plant mine Saturday but Dove hunting got in the way.

Slinging seed Saturday....period!

Rwc

Comment

By the looks of things I might have trusted the weatherman too much

Comment

Well, finally dusted in the fall plots yesterday. Breck and I tagged teamed it and surprisingly went pretty smooth.

I had already busted and conditioned all the plots along the edge of the river. So I had Breck sling and cover all the big seed first. Then sling the oats, rape and wheat second then lightly drag. By that time I had the road side lane plot ready to roll. Sent him over there to do the same while I manually broadcast all the small seed........ Wow I am out of shape.

All in all, start to finish took about 4 hours to get all the seed out. Once we were finished Breck wanted to climb up in a couple stands and shoot his bow, I think he is ready.........

A few photos below of the day and hope all enjoy.

Hope all have a giant tied up. Best of luck to all and God bless.

Rwc
                              Attached Files

Comment

A few more, Breck and I ran across multiple early scrapes, probably going to move cameras before long.

Rwc
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X