Never forget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Yeah. Wife and I were talking about it today. To bad to many Americans have already forgotten. I'm still ****** about the japs bombing Pearl Harbor.
    Yep.. One look at our government will tell you that people have forgotten..
    Last edited by PondPopper; 09-11-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Prayers for all who lost loved ones and friends. To them it seems like yesterday.
      God Bless them all.

Comment

I remember driving into the office when the radio reported that a plane had just struck one of the towers. I go into the office and walk into the break room just to see the second plane hit the second tower. We all stood in awe and watched the tower collapse. Our site manager pulled us all in the atrium of the building and told us to go home to be with our families.

It will be a day I will never forget.

Comment

Was working graveyard and was sleeping when my wife came busting into the bedroom yelling, "The world is coming to an end!". I ran into the living room and could not believe what I was seeing on TV.

Never Forget!

Comment

It only took a few years for the " forgetting "to begin.
            The media decided the narrative needed to be changed. After all the very next president had a muslim name. It was a terrible day in American history but not recognize in the same light as light as Pearl harbor

Comment

I will never forget. My wife and I got to visit the 9/11 memorial and museum and if you haven't gone, it is very powerful. Here are a couple photos I took from a couple months ago.
              Attached Files

Comment

The museum and tributes are some of the best I've ever seen done. It was a beautiful and gut wrenching experience.

Love to all Families and Friends - Yall are greatness, and I appreciate all of you!

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                  I will never forget. My wife and I got to visit the 9/11 memorial and museum and if you haven't gone, it is very powerful. Here are a couple photos I took from a couple months ago.

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  The museum and tributes are some of the best I've ever seen done. It was a beautiful and gut wrenching experience.

Love to all Families and Friends - Yall are greatness, and I appreciate all of you!

My wife and I went 2 years ago. If seeing that doesn’t put a lump in your throat and **** you off at the same time then you have no soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I was working for Production Operators building natuaral gas compressors. They had the MD Anderson mobile blood bus come out every 6 months. That morning I was in the bus donating blood when plane hit the first tower. I will never forget that day!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                      On way to office when first plane hit.. reported initially as small prop plane aircraft..
                      Got to office.
                      Setup tv in breakroom..
                      Watched as second plane hit.
                      Then watched towers fall..
                      This was my exact experience as well. It was a mixture of emotions for sure. Definitely sad. Definitely ****** off. And definitely scared. At the time I worked across the street from the state capital so there were many discussions about our safety and whether to go home, etc. On the way in to work this morning they played a solid 5 min of news reports along the timeline. All emotions came back except the fear.

Comment

I was in Mexico City working on setting up a new acquisition with network connections back to my employer's network. I was greeted at the door and informed that something very bad happened - that a plane hit a building in New York. I was concerned but didn't know the full scope and there were no TVs in the office. I tried getting on a couple of news web sites but they were all not responding. Then the office manager came to me again and said a second plane hit a building in New York. Still not knowing that it was the World Trade Center, I was getting seriously concerned at this point. I started trying to call my wife, my office in Seguin and then friends to try to figure out what was going on. All circuits were busy and none of my calls would go through. Then I started sending emails out to friends, family and co-workers. I finally got a few responses that filled me in on what was going on.
                        The rest of the work day was a haze - I couldn't figure out how this happened.
                        That evening at the hotel all TVs were tuned to MTV - but it wasn't playing MTV - it was playing CNN for the next several days.
                        My Wednesday, 9/12/2001, flight back to San Antonio didn't happen. All flights to the US were cancelled.
                        On Friday morning I went to the airport and traded my American Airlines ticket in on anything that would get me to the border. Flew AreoMexico to Juarez. Crossed the border in a taxi with some other Americans. Border security was pretty tight. Then got on a Southwest flight back to San Antonio that night with only about 9 people on board.
                        Got home at about midnight to my wife and 6 month old son. 6 month old son is now a freshman at Texas A&M.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          My wife and I went 2 years ago. If seeing that doesn’t put a lump in your throat and **** you off at the same time then you have no soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          In the museum I was very somber until I got to the end and it had the history of how the POSs put the attack together and I refused to look at any of it and got very angry and walked out. I was super p!s$ed

Comment

I’m watching Fox News this morning waiting until time to see my dermatologist. They announced that they would be showing footage of their live coverage at the time it happened. My first thought was that I cannot watch this again, but I couldn’t keep myself from watching.

It’s as terrible now as it was then, but the sight of the first responders as they went about the business of rescuing people and getting them to safety is uplifting and makes me proud to be an American. The guys that aborted the terrorists’ mission on Flight 93 does the same.

Let’s roll !

Comment

[ATTACH]971823[/ATTACH]

Comment

I was in one of my first morning roll calls in the Marines school of infantry. We were all meddling around in the barracks waiting for our Corporal to come in and take head count when all of a sudden, he busts through the double doors and yells "They just F*****G bombed us.." The O.S. factor got real then and I knew I would be over there before my time was done.

Comment

Working...
                                X