This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    You must be a newbie around the thread or missed the whole first of the season chatter in here. My whole comment earlier was a play on the Ags here and Twitter talking about the Clemson loss as being program changing....not all of course, but enough. The comment had nothing to do with wins or losses in general...I just wanted to see if they were included.. Speaking of Alabama, that loss was hinted as similar. The "two best losses in college football" is a quote I remember seeing....sarcastic or not.

Now that was some spin.... A program changing loss/loose!
    Win some, loose some.

Comment

Listening to College talk show radio yesterday, they were discussing the Big 10 possibly going to a #1 vs #2 in the CCG regardless of divisions. Also talked about the SEC going to 9 conference games instead of 8. Saban and Malzon are on board. If this happens there will be one less "Little Debbie" non conference game in the SEC. The ACC will follow suit shortly too. If the SEC follows the #1 vs #2 model and Bama does not ever win the west, there could be 2 East teams playing a rematch for the CCG. Interesting!!!

Comment

Bama not ever win the West? Not sure if serious....

This year would be UGA vs. UF if Bama had some losses.

Comment

The Big 10 is crazy if you eliminate a reward for not winning your division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

I guess they think they got left out due to tOSU playing a lower ranked team than OU.

Ugh, that system would have created the dreaded rematch with Michigan in consecutive weeks. No Bueno.

Comment

So they are currently rewarding not winning your division?

Comment

Hell they don't get rewarded for winning their conference in the playoff ...why stop there?

8 team playoff minimum!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Hell they don't get rewarded for winning their conference in the playoff ...why stop there?

8 team playoff minimum!

I’m all in for 8

Comment

Crazy? Get ready for expansion talks. B1G is stirring the pot and eyeing TX/OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      IMHO Texas and A&M are gonna be good at the same time for the first time in my life.
                      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I am (mostly) on board with this. It'd be cool to see our state be the first with multiple teams in the CFP.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

If I could vote, I would vote Kyler.

He did more with less than Tua.

Completely agree! I’m far from an OU fan but Murrray deserves it!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          Listening to College talk show radio yesterday, they were discussing the Big 10 possibly going to a #1 vs #2 in the CCG regardless of divisions. Also talked about the SEC going to 9 conference games instead of 8. Saban and Malzon are on board. If this happens there will be one less "Little Debbie" non conference game in the SEC. The ACC will follow suit shortly too. If the SEC follows the #1 vs #2 model and Bama does not ever win the west, there could be 2 East teams playing a rematch for the CCG. Interesting!!!
                          So the top two teams in the SEC regardless of East/West?

I don't like that, too subjective. I like the head-to-head, games played in the East and West with one more game to sort out the eventual winner of it all. For several years the east would have been left out completely when Alabama, Auburn and LSU were all good.

Comment

Not so fast....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                              So the top two teams in the SEC regardless of East/West?

I don't like that, too subjective. I like the head-to-head, games played in the East and West with one more game to sort out the eventual winner of it all. For several years the east would have been left out completely when Alabama, Auburn and LSU were all good.
                              I don't agree with it either. I also don't like the way the Big 12 does it now.

Comment

Yeah, why on earth would you want the two best teams in your conference in the conference championship game...

Comment

Working...
                                X