This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
    Program changing? Like the wake up call of loosing to Maryland. Annually!!!

I don't believe the 'quality loss' BS, but not all Ws and Ls are the same.

Next year Texas hosts LSU in Sept, if Texas played them close but takes an early season loss is that the same as loosing to Maryland? I don't think it is. Loosing to a really good team vs loosing to a bottom dweller is wildly different. .

Loosing? Is that some fancy way to untie or undo something ? I’m lost ...or is it loost?[emoji14][emoji23].

We have morphed into a world where losses or losing games is somehow spun into being better than a win to carve out a narrative.....[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Those are funny...but not actually in a "haha that's funny" kind of way, but more of a "hahaha it's funny that tsips think it's actually clever" kind of way!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        We have morphed into a world where losses or losing games is somehow spun into being better than a win to carve out a narrative.....[emoji23][emoji23]
        Apparently it is for OU, OSU and UGA this season. Blame the committee!
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Those are funny...but not actually in a "haha that's funny" kind of way, but more of a "hahaha it's funny that tsips think it's actually clever" kind of way!
          It is silly and juvenile......just like tu which is Tulane. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Loosing? Is that some fancy way to untie or undo something ? I’m lost ...or is it loost?[emoji14][emoji23].

I just laughed and didn't comment at loosing. I knew you had it. [emoji6]

Comment

Nowhere did I say that, but you go on and spin whatever tale you feel good about.

Maybe you could answer my question though?

Is a W against Alabama bigger than a close victory against Kansas?

A loss against #4 OK sent tu to a big bowl game, not to the bottom of the list. So is a loss to a top 5 team the same as loosing to an unranked team?

That's ALL people are saying. Not all Ws and Ls are the same. See my reference to UCF.

And yea, I don't type so good. Big deal.

Comment

Nowhere did I say that, but you go on and spin whatever tale you feel good about.

Maybe you could answer my question though?

Is a W against Alabama bigger than a close victory against Kansas?

A loss against #4 OK sent tu to a big bowl game, not to the bottom of the list. So is a loss to a top 5 team the same as loosing to an unranked team?

That's ALL people are saying. Not all Ws and Ls are the same. See my reference to UCF.

And yea, I don't type so good. Big deal.
                By "people" upu mean TBH Aggy not counting Michael, Casey or Dave. Lol.

No one else is obsessing over who Texas lost to. Hell we know the back to back losses to freakin Maryland was ridiculous. 9-3 was not expected at all after week one.

Why do you focus on the losses yet not the wins?

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 12-05-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

No one else is obsessing over who Texas lost to. Hell we know the back to back losses to freakin Maryland was ridiculous. 9-3 was not exoected at all after week one.

Didn’t tu only beat one team with a winning record?

Comment

No one else is obsessing over who Texas lost to. Hell we know the back to back losses to freakin Maryland was ridiculous. 9-3 was not exoected at all after week one.

I'm going to make myself perfectly clear, I'm not just talking about tu or Aggy or any other team. I used Maryland as an example and mainly just did it for the effect --- and that worked.

What I'm saying is that not all W's are the same, just like not all L's are the same.

UCF has a 21 game win streak but isn't in the conversation, because of who they played.

I don't believe the undefeated Notre Dame team will compete with Clemson at all, I don't think their wins are all that high quality, they didn't slug it out in the SEC or B1G, or battle the high speed teams from the Big 12.

Back to my question a few posts ago - would an early season loss to Alabama by Texas (or any team) be the same as an early season loss to an unranked team? Y'all act like every W & L is equally weighted.

That is all I'm trying to say - we all want our teams to have all W's and no L is good, but they aren't all the same.

If a team in the BIG 12 ran the table except for a loss to Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or Ohio State they would still be very much in the running for a final four slot. Oklahoma got in with an L because its was to a huge rival and 'any given saturday' happens.

Comment

Learn how to spell it Tigah boy. Aggy is always singular and always ends in Y. [emoji38]

Only to a tee shirt fan

Comment

2018/19 College Football Pre-Bowl Season

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        Didn’t tu only beat one team with a winning record?

Something like that. Their schedule was charmin soft. But I’ll give them credit. They had a better season than the previous few. They get rewarded with a ****** off Georgia. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So I posted the other day that NCST’s #1 WR has elected not to play in the Gator Bowl and prepare for the NFL draft. Today their beat LB (1st team all ACC) announced the same intention. Jimbo should win this game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Only to a tee shirt fan
                            Tattoo fan. [emoji6]

Comment

Tattoo fan. [emoji6]

Hardcore

Comment

I'm going to make myself perfectly clear, I'm not just talking about tu or Aggy or any other team. I used Maryland as an example and mainly just did it for the effect --- and that worked.

What I'm saying is that not all W's are the same, just like not all L's are the same.

UCF has a 21 game win streak but isn't in the conversation, because of who they played.

I don't believe the undefeated Notre Dame team will compete with Clemson at all, I don't think their wins are all that high quality, they didn't slug it out in the SEC or B1G, or battle the high speed teams from the Big 12.

Back to my question a few posts ago - would an early season loss to Alabama by Texas (or any team) be the same as an early season loss to an unranked team? Y'all act like every W & L is equally weighted.

That is all I'm trying to say - we all want our teams to have all W's and no L is good, but they aren't all the same.

If a team in the BIG 12 ran the table except for a loss to Alabama, Clemson, Georgia or Ohio State they would still be very much in the running for a final four slot. Oklahoma got in with an L because its was to a huge rival and 'any given saturday' happens.
                                Obviously they are not. I mentioned Texas having the best win of anyone. It may seem silly but it's a fact. Their win, barely lol, against Tulsa was not as impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X