Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
    Not really.......

The Rangers did suck and were a losing team. That is a fact.

The Astros did have one of the best, if not the best roster in the MLB this year. Very entertaining to watch. Astros were also favorites to win the World Series this year (couple more facts for you there). Astros had home field and advantage in the Series and did not win a game at home (another fact). Getting to the World Series is a great accomplishment, winning it is even bigger accomplishment. Congrats to the Astros and their fans for getting to the WS (I was hopinging they would win) but with the advantages noted most folks say the Astros choked.

Ingorant and non educated ......that would be you.
    No. It was stupid.

Comment

Kellys gone to bench coach pirates.
      Put your applications in now for first base coach.

Comment

Its on the table now

7 years...$245 million

Breaking it down......being in NY with State and City income taxes, at about 20% or more.....federal at 39%.....cost of living

in reality....7 years 147 million

Can he survive on that?

Comment

If cole takes that low ball offer ..he deserves the yankees.
          I dont think Boras is going to be satisfied with anything south of 35..

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
            Not really.......

The Rangers did suck and were a losing team. That is a fact.

The Astros did have one of the best, if not the best roster in the MLB this year. Very entertaining to watch. Astros were also favorites to win the World Series this year (couple more facts for you there). Astros had home field and advantage in the Series and did not win a game at home (another fact). Getting to the World Series is a great accomplishment, winning it is even bigger accomplishment. Congrats to the Astros and their fans for getting to the WS (I was hopinging they would win) but with the advantages noted most folks say the Astros choked.

Ingorant and non educated ......that would be you.

Just because they have the best roster, does not mean they choked because they did not win. Its called execution. Its hard to choke, Being down in a series almost the entire time.

Choking means you blew it, which is hard to do when down.

Comment

Strasberg back to nats . 7 years .and "more than" 220M

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                Its on the table now

7 years...$245 million

Breaking it down......being in NY with State and City income taxes, at about 20% or more.....federal at 39%.....cost of living

in reality....7 years 147 million

Can he survive on that?

It would be tight. Probably have to send his kids to public school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cole to the Yankees. $324m/9yrs

Comment

Originally posted by bigt6450 View Post
                    Cole to the Yankees. $324m/9yrs
                    Man this, to me, hurts. With everything else going on it feels like they're quickly headed to pre-2015 Astros status.

Comment

And not a single person who pays attention is surprised at all by that.

Comment

I was not a fan of dumping Correa for prospects as was suggested as the season ended. Some rumblings from twitter and baseball that he is indeed being shopped, but A proven player with control. A lot more intriguing.

Reddick and Correa for... Luis Castillo of the reds. Salary dump with reddick, Correa 2 years of control for Castillo 4 years of control.

I would be on board with this.

Congrats for Cole. Still hard to pay a power pitch that much for that long at 29 yrs old. They are banking on him being the next Verlander.

Comment

I'm not mad at Cole, he pitched great for us and we didnt give him an offer that could even come close to competing with that. As much as I hate that he went to the Yankees I don't blame him. That being said thats a huge power shift in the AL, that staff with Cole, Severino, German, and Paxton is going to be crazy tough

Comment

1.1 million per start....

11,000 per pitch

Where does it end....

I aint mad at him, but he is a hypocrite saying he wanted to go home....

Again his press conference after game 7 was bush league antics....

I hope we crush him when he pitches against us

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              With everything else going on it feels like they're quickly headed to pre-2015 Astros status.
                              Come on man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                                I was not a fan of dumping Correa for prospects as was suggested as the season ended. Some rumblings from twitter and baseball that he is indeed being shopped, but A proven player with control. A lot more intriguing.

Reddick and Correa for... Luis Castillo of the reds. Salary dump with reddick, Correa 2 years of control for Castillo 4 years of control.

I would be on board with this.

Congrats for Cole. Still hard to pay a power pitch that much for that long at 29 yrs old. They are banking on him being the next Verlander.

Very well said. I would totally be on board for this

His wife(PSYCHO) may not like Cincinnati tho

Comment

Working...
                                X