No announcement yet.

Oil spots on concrete removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not completely dry...as evident by my genius dogs footprint.
    Temps might effect dry times.
    Will check in morning

Comment

Never tried chomp. Will remember that one (maybe) but laquer thinner, rub, apply again, rub, apply again, rub and it will lighten. Laquer thinner for a few seconds before pressure wash will get the top off. Texas sun will help a little over a year or so. Otherwise Jack hammer.

Comment

Subscribed to see the results

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
          Ah the dry sweep shuffle, done that many times myself
          There is a rank and dance in the Marine Corps made for this situation. The rank is PFC...Perfect For Cleaning....and the dance is the PFC Shuffle. MrSystem...it does involve cat litter and boot twisting...dont be afraid...it is completely acceptable to be seen doing the PFC Shuffle in any attire...wife beater or skiivies. The neighbors and/or wife will approve of the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            There is a rank and dance in the Marine Corps made for this situation. The rank is PFC...Perfect For Cleaning....and the dance is the PFC Shuffle. MrSystem...it does involve cat litter and boot twisting...dont be afraid...it is completely acceptable to be seen doing the PFC Shuffle in any attire...wife beater or skiivies. The neighbors and/or wife will approve of the final product.
            Ill expect you here before revielle , Private.

Comment

You have no hair on your satchel if you cant get that oil out of that redwood expansion joint...with the PFC Shuffle....no matter how multilayered it might be.

Good luck. I recommend some Chubby Checker...real loud...real late.

Sorry Homey...my dance card is full. Ive got my own shuffle. Thanks for the invite.

Comment

I cant tell if you are offering to help, hitting on me, or really into chubbies.. either way.. enjoy your waltz with your hairy satchel, i guess?

Comment

It rained last night..so i dont know how much that effected results...
                  But ..they are noticable...
                  I am interested to see what another treatment that allows it to dry completely can do.

Comment

Well it's obvious that it doesn't work.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the Chomp just lightened the stains. Better go get you some Tide, if you wanna just let the product sit and do all the work. You could let it sit till the next rain washes it away...

Comment

They do have a product that you can put on top and it is broomed on.

Comment

Yup.. going to test it again on dryer days..give it a full chance. . It never dried completely.. but not sure that would make much more of a difference.

Comment

Never know until you try

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Muratic acid is not good for the concrete or anything is ends up running off into.

DONT USE IT LIKE THAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Its going to have to etch somewhat to take it off and Muratic acid is one of the milder acids. We've used it before with some diluting with water and it works well.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Thats interesting stuff... got a link?
                                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Kmf48P-F0"]How to remove oil stains from a concrete driveway - www.sealgreen.com - 800-997-3873 - YouTube[/ame]

Products for the maintenance of concrete clean stain and seal and repair

Haven't tried it yet but looks like it's worth a try.

Comment

Working...
                                X