No announcement yet.

Oil spots on concrete removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill do a test and post here.. hoping it works anywhere close to the reviews said it does...

Comment

Just like the first dent in a new truck, now you dont have to worry about it anymore. Lol

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Tied laundry detergent, the granular type. Let it soak up the oil (a day or three). Then hose down the drive. I sometimes just put a light thin layer. Then wait for a good rain to wash it away. For bigger spills, put plenty down to soak it up and contain it. When done, shovel off the biggest portion after absorbing. Then hose down the rest. If a spot remains, it will go away after a couple of good rains. The Tied will penetrate the oil in the porous concrete. The rise to the surface come the first good rain. Water is heavier than oil.

Been using Tied for about 42 years now. It used to be a pretty popular topic that every mechanic and machinist knew when I was a very young man. Heck, some of the full service gas stations and shops I worked at when I was young used it in their bays and shops. Don't really understand why more older people don't remember this? Maybe "oil sorb" aka kitty litter, made folks forget?
        This!

Comment

Take a propane torch and burn it out. Not joking the best way to get oil stain out of concrete driveway. All the detergents and stuff with hot pressure washers don’t get it all out unless spill is real fresh. Be careful if there is pigment added to the concrete cause it can fade a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Tied laundry detergent, the granular type. Let it soak up the oil (a day or three). Then hose down the drive. I sometimes just put a light thin layer. Then wait for a good rain to wash it away. For bigger spills, put plenty down to soak it up and contain it. When done, shovel off the biggest portion after absorbing. Then hose down the rest. If a spot remains, it will go away after a couple of good rains. The Tied will penetrate the oil in the porous concrete. The rise to the surface come the first good rain. Water is heavier than oil.

Been using Tied for about 42 years now. It used to be a pretty popular topic that every mechanic and machinist knew when I was a very young man. Heck, some of the full service gas stations and shops I worked at when I was young used it in their bays and shops. Don't really understand why more older people don't remember this? Maybe "oil sorb" aka kitty litter, made folks forget?
            Paging Chew!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Good luck. I'm sure you can lighten it, but you won't be able to get rid of it. And if you do you sir will become a millionaire [emoji16]. Don't use acid.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              Acetone won't work?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                Just spray the rest of the driveway with oil so it matches. Problem solved.
                Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                I like the way u think.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                  Acetone won't work?
                  I'm sure that I would lift a lot of it. Just blob it instead of scrubbing it.

Comment

Ok.. CHOMP PULL IT OUT testing goin on.
                    Poured on a spot that should be noticable in camera.
                    Gotta wait 4-12 hours for it to dry.

Pours and looks exactly like whiteout.

You dont get a lot for $15 bucks... this spot took half a bottle...

Comment

Didnt you read the GIANT PICTURE rant

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Didnt you read the GIANT PICTURE rant
                        Yes. I just dont give a ****

Comment

Water baking powder and a coke. Brush it in with some elbow grease. Power wash off.

Comment

You should have put on half I'm in

Comment

Its drying like whiteout.. check the edges.
                              Im betting i didnt have to be so liberal with it.. but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                Yes. I just dont give a ****
                                Somebody oughtta whup your arse for posting those HUGE pitchers!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X