No announcement yet.

Bow Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Sword Twilight Hunter for sale in the classifieds. Like new and a well built, rugged sight...just an option

Comment

I have been using the same Truglow sight for 5 years now, and it was the best that I could afford at the time. It's a real cheap one. I know that technology changes frequently, and there is alot better equipment available. I can afford to put a $400.00 sight on a new bow, but I am looking for the best bang for the buck. I am also shopping for a new bow. I know what bow I want I just havent pulled the trigger. I dont want another $60.00 sight. I want a good quality and reliable sight that will last me along time and be a nice and noticeable improvement over my old one. TBH is the best place that I know of foe good honest opinions and other information yall are the best. Thank you all for the great info. The new bow will be the Bowtech Carbon Knight.

Comment

The custom option mentioned above is a service that a few of the top end manufacturers offer.

Choose your pin configuration, fiber color and size for each. Some even offer different sized housings.

Buying a sight made in USA is worth it to me. Spot Hogg, Black Gold, CBE, Sword, Sure Loc are all made here.

Comment

Originally posted by rar15usa1 View Post
          I have been using the same Truglow sight for 5 years now, and it was the best that I could afford at the time. It's a real cheap one. I know that technology changes frequently, and there is alot better equipment available. I can afford to put a $400.00 sight on a new bow, but I am looking for the best bang for the buck. I am also shopping for a new bow. I know what bow I want I just havent pulled the trigger. I dont want another $60.00 sight. I want a good quality and reliable sight that will last me along time and be a nice and noticeable improvement over my old one. TBH is the best place that I know of foe good honest opinions and other information yall are the best. Thank you all for the great info. The new bow will be the Bowtech Carbon Knight.
          Go with CBE, then.

Just a question for you to consider - has your TruGlo ever failed you? I think that you may find, once you buy a high dollar sight, that your shooting is still the same. OF course you'll love it - you BETTER for all the money you spent - but a year or two down the road you will wake up one morning and say to yourself, "ya know, actually, I shot just about the same with my truglo that was a lot less expensive." Once a pin is locked in the proper position for a given yardage, that's it - doesn't matter if it's a $25 sight or a $600 sight. "Repeatability" is about your form, not your sight; assuming you don't move the pin. Unless you need a sight with more capability you will not benefit from a more expensive sight.

Sure, the expensive ones are built from space age materials at higher tolerances. SO? A bow sight is not the same as a rifle scope.

Just wanted to caution you again before you spend the money. I use both brands and these have been my experiences. I love my CBE's that give me capabilities that my TruGlo's don't; but they're unnecessary for most of my hunting and my Truglos actually have capabilities that the CBE's don't have. I'm fortunate that I can afford whatever sight I want, and I've tried/played with almost every brand mentioned, at one time or another; AND I STILL use TruGlo on some of my bows. I select my sight based on the type of hunting/shooting I'm going to do - There isn't really a "one size, fit's all" sight out there.

If you can afford it, go for it and I strongly suggest CBE. They're not any "better" (or worse) than other high-end brands except for the custom setup; but for the type of sight they are, they're fairly light. And, they're the best 'bang' for you 'buck,' as you asked. They are a balance between durability and lightness. I'm about as rough as it gets on equipment and I've never broken any metal sight, aside from an occasional fiber strand. If you drop your bow on your sight and ANY sight can bend - don't drop your bow. Sights that are built like a brick poop house are overkill (IMO) and the weight creates a balance issue that I never liked or could overcome. If I want weight for stabilization, I want it lower on the riser.

Comment

Working...
          X