Air Travel PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    I dont think so. Under two its not required from everything I have read . My response would have been he's under two see you in a few days.
    I don’t think that would have worked because he was a ticketed passenger rather than an under 2 lap child.

Comment

Flown for years for work all over the world and married to a fight attendant.

They have their own corporate policies and FAA to follow. If they decide to enforce on the plane it’s up to them honestly in my own personal opinion. Most the flight attendants working currently are long time employees (+20 years) due to furloughs. They’ve dealt with all types of people and all types of *******s from all different cultures. In the end, you can’t fly without them... Pick your battles wisely and appropriately for you, but a mask or a neck gaiter or whatever isn’t worth an argument or a fine honestly. Regardless of your personal “I gots rights” principles.

Like you, they’re trying to maintain their hours to provide for their family. There are better people to **** on for your disdain on having to wear a mask and more than likely having an argument on a plane due to a mask with you isn’t their first one of the day.

Comment

Wait until you must scan your vaccine card in order to board. It's coming soon.

Comment

Been flying couple times a month during this covid crap. Always used my neck gator to cover my nose and mouth. Never got sick. Now that it's a federal mandate that neck gators cannot be used, I switch to the disposable paper mask and what happens, caught covid. Thanks Biden administration.

Comment

They announced that when I flew to Florida last month. But never told me my gaiter wasn't enough

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I can usually get that guy to shut up. If I told someone elses kid to shut up, I'd get Karen'd off the plane....and it aint the kids fault anyway. Toddlers shouldn't fly.
              As a person with a toddler, I gotta say, you are correct. Though most times, even the parents don't want to be there.lol

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                As a person with a toddler, I gotta say, you are correct. Though most times, even the parents don't want to be there.lol

We missed several trips because I didn’t think my son was ready to fly, and made some long drives instead. No one wants to fly with a toddler, but they don’t want to be inconvenienced either... most parents aren’t willing to make minor sacrifices, but they expect everyone else to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  We missed several trips because I didn’t think my son was ready to fly, and made some long drives instead. No one wants to fly with a toddler, but they don’t want to be inconvenienced either... most parents aren’t willing to make minor sacrifices, but they expect everyone else to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  This right here. I will not be getting on another plane for a family trip until the kids are at least 4-5 and can be reasoned with walk on their own and wipe their own ***. In the mean time we will just have some long 14-16 hr drives but better than sitting on a plane for 3 hrs with a toddler. Or the grandparents can come visit.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                    Wait until you must scan your vaccine card in order to board. It's coming soon.
                    That’s when Exxon, Shell and Chevron get my travel dollars.

Comment

Yep, but I'll be danged if they don't have every freaking seat sold on the aircraft, 6 INCHES apart from your fellow stranger, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        I hope I can get on the no fly ever in my life again list....wait, I already am !
                        do tell...

Comment

I’ll give the folded gaiter a try this afternoon out of Austin....flying Southwest

Highly unlikely they allow it.

Comment

I'll be flying on the 18th of this month so I will check it out. If they say the gaiter wont work I'll put the mask on over it, or under it to be a ****.

Comment

Southwest website says...
                              "Acceptable forms of masks
                              In accordance with the Federal law, a properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured to the head with ties, ear loops, or elastic bands that go behind the head, and fits snugly against the side of the face. Cloth masks should be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source). Neck gaiters (also called multi-bands) may be worn as mask so long as they have two layers of fabric or may be folded to make two layers and cover the nose and mouth and are secured under the chin.

In addition, if your mask meets the requirements noted above, the following are acceptable:

Clear masks or cloth masks with a clear plastic panel to facilitate communication with people who are hearing impaired or others who need to see a speaker’s mouth to understand speech.
                              Medical masks and N-95 respirators.
                              The following are some examples of coverings that will not be accepted:

Masks not made of a solid piece of material, including those made of mesh or lace fabrics or with slits, exhalation valves or punctures
                              Face shields (face shields may be worn in addition to a mask that meets the above required attributes)
                              Bandanas, scarves, ski masks, or balaclavas
                              Shirt or sweater collars (e.g., turtleneck collars) pulled up over the mouth and nose
                              Masks made from loosely woven fabric or that are knitted, i.e., fabrics that let light pass through
                              Masks that do not fit properly (large gaps, too loose or too tight)"

Such BS!
                              Last edited by Txfshrmn; 03-07-2021, 12:55 PM. Reason: editing

Comment

Ha! I was going to screen shot it off there website but had to re up my Tapatalk so I could post it and you beat me.
                                I suspect they will not say a word unless you have a over achieving flight attendant.
                                Keep us posted and safe travels.

Comment

Working...
                                X