Air Travel PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Travel PSA

A gaiter is no longer an acceptable face covering to get on an airplane. The Chinese made disposables and “fashionable” cotton masks with gaps everywhere are still perfectly fine though.

Also, the poor two/three year old girl in front of me was hassled several times by the flight attendant because her nose wasn’t completely covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had this crap happen in Houston but the Vegas airport was fine with my gaiter?. Ridiculous that people think think a .50 cent piece of paper makes a dang difference..

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    A gaiter is no longer an acceptable face covering to get on an airplane. The Chinese made disposables and “fashionable” cotton masks with gaps everywhere are still perfectly fine though.

Also, the poor two/three year old girl in front of me was hassled several times by the flight attendant because her nose wasn’t completely covered.

Comment

What airline?

Comment

I fly United...flight attendant told me this was new as of late week.

Comment

Never trust a flight attendant. Bandanas are the only things not allowed by United. I fly next week, and have a print out of their requirements as of last week.

Edit: Their site still says this.
          Last edited by WItoTX; 03-01-2021, 10:31 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Same for American and Southwest....as of last week.

I was told gaiters are "no longer adequate"...whatever that means

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
              Same for American and Southwest....as of last week.

I was told gaiters are "no longer adequate"...whatever that means
              Southwest is saying otherwise on there website and so is the CDC. I am not going to get kicked off a flight over it but I would **** sure ask the question.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/relea...20requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                Southwest is saying otherwise on there website and so is the CDC. I am not going to get kicked off a flight over it but I would **** sure ask the question.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/relea...20requirements.
                Unfortunately, I have to travel with work

They said this was a new requirement and handed me a mask to wear

Comment

Someone got their feelings hurt, so we have to wear a mask that they approve of. Idiots. None of these work.

Comment

I guess if they provide one I will wear it. I only use a gaiter if I wear one at all.

Comment

guess I will keep driving everywhere. I won't wear a mask.

Comment

Careful to not let this get you on the do not fly list, removal of your TSA Precheck, or Global entry.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                          Unfortunately, I have to travel with work

They said this was a new requirement and handed me a mask to wear
                          Me as well but I never even carry anything other than a buff. I guess they would have given me one but you would think they would post it on there website. I am not missing or getting kicked off over a mask but you would think they would make it less problematic for those that would.

Edit
                          I found where SW speaks specifically to it and it looks like you are required to fold it. Learned something new and why I wouldn't argue it.
                          In accordance with the Federal law, a properly worn mask completely covers the nose and mouth, is secured to the head with ties, ear loops, or elastic bands that go behind the head, and fits snugly against the side of the face. Cloth masks should be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source). Neck gaiters (also called multi-bands) may be worn as mask so long as they have two layers of fabric or may be folded to make two layers and cover the nose and mouth and are secured under the chin.
                          Last edited by myway; 03-01-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I had 4 flights last week, on my very last flight the gate attendant tried telling me my mask was not acceptable and handed me a paper mask, i walked off and kept my buff on and the flight attendants never said anything.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                              X