Rocksprings Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksprings Land

What is the "best side" of Rocksprings to be on for the most exotics with the larger ranches?

Depends depends depends. If you’re looking for a place lmk

Comment

If your trying to buy, avoid the area completely. Junction is a better place for exotics IMO.

Comment

Great hunting in rock springs. Lots of axis and black buck.
        And cheaper too

Comment

Good luck finding a place, the Californians are buying the place up.

Comment

It`s my understanding that this last snow/ice frigid weather had a drastic affect on the axis and blackbuck populations . I`ve heard 30%-40% on large ranches to 90% of small ranches . It`s going to take a while to recoup those kinds of losses .

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
              It`s my understanding that this last snow/ice frigid weather had a drastic affect on the axis and blackbuck populations . I`ve heard 30%-40% on large ranches to 90% of small ranches . It`s going to take a while to recoup those kinds of losses .
              Happy to report 0% on my 103 acres in Rocksprings. My neighbor also had 0%.

Comment

What do you consider a larger each?

There’s a bunch of smaller ones in the 50-200 acres all around there. Seems like the last 10-15 years buying a 4000 acre place and splitting it into 40 100 acre places is the popular thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  What do you consider a larger each?

There’s a bunch of smaller ones in the 50-200 acres all around there. Seems like the last 10-15 years buying a 4000 acre place and splitting it into 40 100 acre places is the popular thing to do.
                  unfortunately that is the in thing right now

Comment

i had only one lost to the cold but i was feeding and busting ice that whole week too.
                    i havent seen any californians out there, they are buying up around Fredricksburg. there are a lot of deep SE texas and louisiana folks though.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter87 View Post
                      If your trying to buy, avoid the area completely. Junction is a better place for exotics IMO.
                      Shhhh

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                        unfortunately that is the in thing right now
                        Does that help in any way shape or form?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                          Does that help in any way shape or form?
                          Lol, I like the areas North & East of town myself.

Just south is beautiful too but a lot of rough areas south and west.

Comment

Keep in mind that areas west of Rocksprings got hit hard by anthrax last year.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                              What is the "best side" of Rocksprings to be on for the most exotics with the larger ranches?
                              There are NO DEER or EXOTICS in the Rocksprings Area

Comment

Working...
                              X