.22 mag suggestions/reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
    Bought mine new before the import ban and paid $300 for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Dang im Jelly. I was just a pup when the import ban happened so I was not able to buy one new for 300 like the old bald guys Crazy to think they were ever that cheap. Just the scope mounts for one bring 500 now. Inflation grinding away on us.

Comment

I am liking the looks of this one:

The 93R17 Minimalist Brown from Savage combines a classic laminate design with modern aesthetics to achieve a lightweight platform with improved ergonomics in our proven 93R17 platform.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAZOR View Post
        Marlin is a good place to start also
        my Marlin 983 is my favorite rifle.

Comment

You should seriously give the Ruger a hard look. I'm impressed with everything about mine.

Comment

CZ

Comment

I really like my marlin 25mn, but the magazine gets janky when sending the bolt home.

Id rather buy a 17hmr simply based on ammo availability and price over the wmr. It also have better range and ballistics.

Comment

I bought a Savage B17 for $249 about a year ago. It's a 17hmr, but they make similarly priced 22wmr. It's a very accurate, fun shooting rifle. Can't beat it for the price!

Comment

Originally posted by PIOBill View Post
                  I bought the Savage in 22 Mag and it was cheap and accurate. I ended up getting another in 17 HMR. I used the 17 to take a squirrel at 35 yards a little over a week ago. The 22 WMR does a number on coons.
                  I won a savage.22 mag in 1976 when I was in high school I still have it n it still shoots. I use to pack it with all over the place back then.
                  I bought a savage.17 HMR and it’s lik you said. Very accurate.
                  My grandsons love that rifle.

Comment

I was looking at this for awhile and ended up buying 2 separate guns. Savage 42 .22 Mag/.410 for killing hogs/coyotes/coons, and a Tikka T1X in .22 LR for squirrels and plinking.

I like the Savage besides the fact that the trigger is horrible, need to take it to a gunsmith and see what he can do, as well as if there’s a way to thread it for a suppressor.

I wasn’t that excited about the Tikka at first, but I love it after shooting it, especially with the can on it. I found a Leupold Mark AR 4-12 that was a leftover, it shoots dime sized groups with CCI standard velocity and all you here is the firing pin click.

I’d like to know if you can convert a .22 LR T1X to a .22 WMR by reaming the chamber out and using the T1X .17HMR bolt and magazine. Couldn’t find an answer on it. I know technically there is a 0.001” difference in bore diameter, but most people say it doesn’t matter.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 02-20-2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X