No announcement yet.

I 35 pile up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive a 18 wheeler, im worried about sunday night into monday here in houston. Already told work, if its bad im stayin home and using a sick day. Not putting my life and everyone else's at risk, the loads can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
      I drive a 18 wheeler, im worried about sunday night into monday here in houston. Already told work, if its bad im stayin home and using a sick day. Not putting my life and everyone else's at risk, the loads can wait.

We ran trucks today based on what I saw driving in, I thank the lord none of them, or my people, were on 35 this morning. I don’t think we are gonna open Monday....everything breaks when it’s that cold, not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They are now confirming 6 dead. I wonder if it will turn out to be one of those "flash freeze" phenomenons when the entire road goes from wet to frozen in an instant. That's the only way I can explain how so many cars were involved. Pile-ups happen but usually after the first few cars everybody sees it and is able to stop. They seemed to just keep ramming into the pile at close to full speed. Those pics of cars stacked 3 high are incredible

Comment

I just saw a couple of videos on messenger with 18 wheelers slamming into the stopped cars and going up and over them, that couldn't go anywhere. Absolutely horrible and you can tell why there are casualties seeing that.

Prayers up for those caught up in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I just saw a couple of videos on messenger with 18 wheelers slamming into the stopped cars and going up and over them, that couldn't go anywhere. Absolutely horrible and you can tell why there are casualties seeing that.
            Same here! Just a horrific scene. Prayers up for all involved.

Comment

Should be black ice all over come Monday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                This weather sucks! Even people from states with snow can't drive in this mess. Ice is not like snow!
                90% of people drive in it just fine. It's the 10% that don't understand physics you gotta watch out for. Lot of times they drive Mustangs. In fact, if you see a Mustang, I would get away from it as quick as possible. It's not IF they will crash, but when they will crash.

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                Honestly, just go slow and you will be fine. The ground temp is warm enough, the only ice will be on overpasses. Now, if you are worried about the other morons on the road doing the speed limit, then yeah, I would let them get out there and darwin themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

Honestly, just go slow and you will be fine. The ground temp is warm enough, the only ice will be on overpasses. Now, if you are worried about the other morons on the road doing the speed limit, then yeah, I would let them get out there and darwin themselves.
                  Edit: Maybe in Houston.

Ground is froze here.

Comment

Horrible. Those videos are disturbing.

Comment

I/m pretty sure that area has a hill. People were piled up on the downside of the hill. People coming up the hill didn't see them until they crested the hill & were now going downhill. No way to stop because the downward side was all ice.
                      That white car on top of that pile looks like the luckiest there.
                      Sad deal & sending prayers.

Comment

I just read there are at least 5 fatalities in the 35 pileup.

Comment

Have a daughter and a nephew up in Dallas. Here’s a closeup of the carnage on I-35 near FW from this morning.
                          Attached Files

Comment

We drive in it quite a few times a year. It's not ideal but if you GO SLOW and plan to leave with plenty of time, you should be ok. Don't break hard, keep space and turn slow.

4X4 doesn't help with ice.

Comment

The white car was on a transport truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                                Horrible. Those videos are disturbing.
                                Yes, made me sick to my stomach.

Comment

Working...
                                X