22WMR / 22 Mag Rifle Reviews Needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
    Narrowing it down... at the top of the list now is the Henry Small Game Carbine and entertaining the idea of a bolt action. No matter what I get I want to keep up around 36-38" OAL or under.

You going to be scoping it or running irons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      You going to be scoping it or running irons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That all depends on what I end up with and how well I can see the sights after dark. If they're not fiber optic sights I'll probably entertain the idea of putting a Sig Sauer romeo 5 red dot sight on it. Had one of those on my 30-30 that got stolen and I absolutely loved it.

So either irons or a red dot sight of some sort. Won't go with a scope I don't think.

Comment

For a truck gun I would look at a Ruger 8376 16" or 8335 18" and mount a Romeo 5 on it and be done

Comment

IMO if you want any kind of power out of the gun get it in a rifle. Those rounds are made for rifles not pistols. A regular 22 long rifle is probably way more powerful than WMR/Mag in a pistol.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and say it......

That Keltec CMR 30 is LOUD ! #%&*%$#^&&*

I wanted one in the worst way. Paid stupid $$$ for it cause they were kinda hard to find, at first.

Was deafening even w muffs. Real sharp crack.

Made the mistake of shooting it outta my truck window w/o hearing protection...... Once, and only once.

You need hearing protection EVERY TIME you shoot that gun!

I know you should always use plugs or muffs when practicing but I dont want to have to tell a yote to wait for me to safety up before I shoot him and it's that bad that I might hesitate w/o protection, lol.

I sold it to a TBHer (with full warning of its vocal capabilities).

Maybe he'll chime in. Good thing I'm writing this cause I doubt he could hear me say it if he shot w/o protection. Hell, it's so loud he might be blind now, too!

Safety first!

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
              IMO if you want any kind of power out of the gun get it in a rifle. Those rounds are made for rifles not pistols. A regular 22 long rifle is probably way more powerful than WMR/Mag in a pistol.
              According to the internet a 40gr. .22lr bullet fired out of a rifle is about neck and neck with a bullet of the same weight fired out of a .22mag pistol in terms of velocity. I can definitely tell a difference in power between the two out of a revolver designed to fire both. The .22 magnum hits hard.

Comment

Anyone have a 22 mag they want to part with?

Comment

go with the Keltech pmr30 !!!!!!!!

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                  I'm in the market for a semi-auto 22WMR rifle or pistol to carry in my jeep at the lease, so I'm turning to TBH real world reviews of any 22 WMR. I kind of have my eye on the following guns:

Kel-Tec CMR-30
                  Kel-Tec PMR-30 (this is the pistol version and I heard it kicks like a 357 mag)

CZ 512 - the American or Tactical
                  Henry "Small Game" Carbine lever action
                  Or really any flavor 22 mag in all honesty, I'm not married to these listed
                  Whoever told you its kicks like a 357 mag has a few marbles loose. I own this gun and love it! I carry it when we hunt pigs at night if that tells you anything. I use it to finish them off! Great pistol you will love it!!!!! Go with the PMR 30 its super light weight!

Comment

Working...
                  X