Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
    I’m stunned honestly. I did not expect that.
    Me neither!

Comment

Dont disagree but shocked all the same.

Comment

Seems like the definition of culpable needs to be reviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
          Dont disagree but shocked all the same.
          That’s where I am

Comment

I’m very surprised.

Comment

I honestly do not see how it is murder, everything I have seen seems to indicate a TERRIBLE mistake. If it was a mistake I would think manslaughter... Terrible situation all around.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                I honestly do not see how it is murder, everything I have seen seems to indicate a TERRIBLE mistake. If it was a mistake I would think manslaughter... Terrible situation all around.
                This!

Comment

I think not providing any aid to him is probably what pushed the jury over the edge.

Comment

I'm surprised she got murder, but no one is even disputing she intentionally killed an innocent man, so I guess it's not that shocking. They questioned her while presenting the forensics of where her shots hit (basically right in his heart) and asked her if she made those shots with the intention of killing him and she flat said, "yes". So I can see where the jury could weigh her admitted intent of killing heavier than her obvious mistake of location.

Really thought they'd give her manslaughter, but hopefully this can give his family some shred of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                      I think not providing any aid to him is probably what pushed the jury over the edge.
                      a headscratcher for sure

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        Just saw where it said she didn't help render aid...

Comment

Somebody is very butt hurt....

Manslaughter or hung jury I would imagine. Sad deal all the way around.
                          That would be me
                          She wasn't acting as LE
                          She was sexting and about to go do adult things
                          If she was Bob that works at Walmart this wouldn't even be news

Comment

so someone else posted this yesterday.

"Listened to a defense attorney's analysis. He said that since Guyger testified that her intention was to kill Jean, manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide come off the table and the judge may not allow the jury to consider it.
                            Murder or self defense."

the judged ended up allowing a manslaughter verdict anyway, so the whole strategy seems to have backfired on them.

Comment

Wow. Didn’t see that verdict coming.

Comment

If I down a fifth of Jack and run your kids over while they play at the park is that murder or is that manslaughter get out in five years?

Comment

Working...
                                X