Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new

Originally posted by simek View Post
    Gimme a break. Folks have been killing big deer out there for 20 years. Bunch of whiners on this thread.
    Welcome to the new site!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Well apparently it hasn't cut down on the people putting in and threads like this won't either. Internet and out of towners has been the ruin of the place well and locals that can't help but brag.

Oh I see... You're one of those "public land owners" who unlike most of us, think they legitimately own the place and you are the only one who have a right to use it, post about it, talk about, etc? Anyone with internet access, that puts in for draws, can easily find the WMA.

Based on your last statement, it appears you're one of the "locals" that didn't get drawn and are mad because you can't hunt the awesome PUBLIC lands that's in your back yard.

I'll do you a solid. Alright TBH, from now on, no one post anything here or on the internet that might hinder Bloodtrailer's hunting of HIS public land!

There ya go. Problem solved. Hope this helps ya sleep better at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Sarge aren’t you the guy who killed the giant in the DCNF last year that made TTHA magazine?
        do you have a picture of this buck i mustve missed that one thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
          Oh I see... You're one of those "public land owners" who unlike most of us, think they legitimately own the place and you are the only one who have a right to use it, post about it, talk about, etc? Anyone with internet access, that puts in for draws, can easily find the WMA.

Based on your last statement, it appears you're one of the "locals" that didn't get drawn and are mad because you can't hunt the awesome PUBLIC lands that's in your back yard.

I'll do you a solid. Alright TBH, from now on, no one post anything here or on the internet that might hinder Bloodtrailer's hunting of HIS public land!

There ya go. Problem solved. Hope this helps ya sleep better at night.

Lol who's mad? You must have missed the smiley face at the end
          I speak nothing but the truth and simek is correct that they have been killing good ones for years out there but you can see on the draw numbers what the internet has done for the place. From 150 people to 2000 not rocket science to see. What's funny is I have helped several people who have been drawn out there this year and last most of us are just smart enough to keep it off the internet except for one lucky local
          Have fun hunt hard and don't regret passing up on those measly 140s
          Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 12-07-2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Anyone going to be at Granger this weekend and into next week chasing ol big boy? I was up last week for 6 days and passed so many 130-140" bucks it's unreal. Crazy rutting activity and each hunt was like something off a TV show.

Any input on how the activity has been this week or is currently?

Sarge- What unit you hunting? I got my buck three weeks ago out there, but still running cameras for fun and have been out there every day this week. Saw two bucks with does pinned down in the open yesterday, but also bumped 3 bucks that had two doe running with them in the woods. Lot of deer out in the open fields together and in groups still. They were coming to rattling for me starting 3-4 weeks ago.

Comment

It isn't like Granger is a secret, or at least it doesn't appear to be. When they have 2500+ people put in for a draw and over 200 at orientation, it's pretty well known lol. Odds of getting drawn or a standby position are extremely low. Plus you have to have the APH permit now in order to put in for the draw. This alone should cut down on the people putting in.

I know it's not a secret, been thinking of putting in for it for 20 years it seems just never have. My point was, of all the granger threads I've seen on TBH the last 10 years I dont recall seeing multiple 140+ bucks posted much less 160 or bigger. If a person is passing 140 bucks then things have changed and they are much bigger these days than the once were.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                Sarge- What unit you hunting? I got my buck three weeks ago out there, but still running cameras for fun and have been out there every day this week. Saw two bucks with does pinned down in the open yesterday, but also bumped 3 bucks that had two doe running with them in the woods. Lot of deer out in the open fields together and in groups still. They were coming to rattling for me starting 3-4 weeks ago.

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  I know it's not a secret, been thinking of putting in for it for 20 years it seems just never have. My point was, of all the granger threads I've seen on TBH the last 10 years I dont recall seeing multiple 140+ bucks posted much less 160 or bigger. If a person is passing 140 bucks then things have changed and they are much bigger these days than the once were.
                  The first year hunts were conducted on that place 170" caliber deer were killed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The bucks I were seeing and passing ranged from 130-140. 140+ and mature (4.5 years old or older) is my goal. If I don't get it, than I'd rather walk away with an awesome hunt and memories made. Everyone has their goals for the season and for me, it is what I just listed. I'd rather pass a mid 30's 3.5 year old and let another hunter have a chance at him in the coming years, or even this year, if that's what gets the hunters heart racing.

I've seen enough to know that it isn't easy hunting, but the opportunity is there for a great buck if you put in the time scouting and stand time.

Comment

The bucks I were seeing and passing ranged from 130-140. 140+ and mature (4.5 years old or older) is my goal. If I don't get it, than I'd rather walk away with an awesome hunt and memories made. Everyone has their goals for the season and for me, it is what I just listed. I'd rather pass a mid 30's 3.5 year old and let another hunter have a chance at him in the coming years, or even this year, if that's what gets the hunters heart racing.

I've seen enough to know that it isn't easy hunting, but the opportunity is there for a great buck if you put in the time scouting and stand time.

Well best of luck to ya, hoping to see a a few ldp's in the future.

Comment

Well best of luck to ya, hoping to see a a few ldp's in the future.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to posting them if blessed enough to get it done lol

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                          do you have a picture of this buck i mustve missed that one thanks.
                          I thought it was the brother of the guy who started the "13" thread and slept all night in the deer stand going after that deer in Montgomery county.

Comment

In for pics.

Lot of COE land around towns that have grown up around the land and the deer have too!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The biggest buck I have laid eyes on in Central Texas was out at Granger.

Comment

I have plenty of big boys ( to me probably not to those who bait) on camera consistently on the same spot, same trail. My problem is I haven't figured out how to hunt the spot without spooking them. I have seen 6-20 does on each sit but not one of the shooter bucks. I'd like to find some luck and have one come in.

Also, I have not seen 1 hunter in the area other than my 2 friends I took in. I must be hunting the wrong spot...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X