Bear Hunt Outfitter Recommendation for Spring 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Hunt Outfitter Recommendation for Spring 2019

I’m wanting to bow hunt black bear this coming spring. Mostly interested in Idaho, Wyoming or Montana as I hear biting flies and mosquitos are brutal in Canada. Can anyone recommend an outfitter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Following this.

Comment

I would apply for a Non-Navajo permit in the Navajo Reservation. The cost is $1,000 and if you are not drawn, they return the application fee. If you are drawn, get in touch with me and I will hook you up with a great young man that outfits there. It is against the law to hunt over bait so he will be using dogs but normally trees a bear or two a day. You will have an opportunity to take a nice bear though spring bears are quite a bit lighter than they are in the fall. We have taken four spring bears with him and all of them had good hair.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        I would apply for a Non-Navajo permit in the Navajo Reservation. The cost is $1,000 and if you are not drawn, they return the application fee. If you are drawn, get in touch with me and I will hook you up with a great young man that outfits there. It is against the law to hunt over bait so he will be using dogs but normally trees a bear or two a day. You will have an opportunity to take a nice bear though spring bears are quite a bit lighter than they are in the fall. We have taken four spring bears with him and all of them had good hair.
        Adios,
        Gary

Thanks Gary. This does look like a unique place and way to hunt. I’ll give the Rez a call and see what’s up as I didn’t see any reference on their website to a spring 2019 hunt.

I will watch the show you filmed there. The terrain looks amazing!

Comment

Rifle or bow? If you don’t want to bait and actually hunt, check out an Alaska boat based hunt. I used Homer Ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            Rifle or bow? If you don’t want to bait and actually hunt, check out an Alaska boat based hunt. I used Homer Ocean.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=Bear+Alaska

That’s a great idea. Alaska is a dream trip. I’m interested in bow hunting. How much did you spend? I have a feeling Alaska is outside my budget.

Comment

I know you're leaning towards someone in the US, but we used Wizard Lake Outfitting in Alberta and had a blast. It was relatively inexpensive, and we got two tags apiece. Fishing was good, and half of us saw wolves as well.

Link: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=460906
              Last edited by sir huntsalot; 11-08-2018, 10:24 PM. Reason: Forgot link

Comment

Originally posted by sir huntsalot View Post
                I know you're leaning towards someone in the US, but we used Wizard Lake Outfitting in Alberta and had a blast. It was relatively inexpensive, and we got two tags apiece. Fishing was good, and half of us saw wolves as well.

Link: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=460906
                This is who we used. I shot a bear and a giant wolf. Everyone else in camp shot 2 bears if they wanted to.

Don't worry about the bugs. You CANNOT fool a bears nose so just bring your thermacell.

Comment

Rawhide Outfitters is who I use for Spring Bear.....located in Salmon Idaho....John and Kathy Craney 208-940-1152

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy327 View Post
                    That’s a great idea. Alaska is a dream trip. I’m interested in bow hunting. How much did you spend? I have a feeling Alaska is outside my budget.

Sorry for the slow response. That hunt was 2850 at the time and I used miles to fly into Anchorage. Rented a car for the drive into Homer. I think it was $3500 all-in, but that was back in 2010 so no promises heheh

Comment

I'm definitely in for a spring bear trip if you need company!

Comment

Great tips. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Bear

Northern Alberta outfitters is top notch also

Comment

Working...
                          X