Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a situation a Buck was shot that was on a no hit list but appears to be 5.5 which we said on the Rules bucks 5.5 and older are allowed!! But we had this buck on the no hit list because we thought he could get better next year at 6.5 !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I understand he is 5.5 are older but we had him on the no kill list . I don’t want to be that lease manager that changed the rules for one guy what do I do we did talk about this buck maybe going on the list because we thought he was 5.5 but never made that clear with all the members the member made a decision on his own and said he is definitely 5.5 and shot the buck without telling the rest of us .. and other members are mad including myself because they thought he was on the no kill list !!

Comment

If the rules say 5.5 he followed them.
      I have seen many problems arise from not being consistent in lease rules.

Comment

1. Cancellation of lease
        2. If stated in lease, restitution and cancellation of lease

You specifically stated that this buck was not to be harvested. That is a breach of the lease agreement.

Editing after your second post.

Was the buck listed or not listed on a list when the agreement was signed? Or was the buck only talked about being put on the list?
        Last edited by Terran28; 11-02-2018, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran28 View Post
          1. Cancellation of lease
          2. If stated in lease, restitution and cancellation of lease

You specifically stated that this buck was not to be harvested. That is a breach of the lease agreement.

Editing after your second post.

Was the buck listed or not listed on a list when the agreement was signed? Or was the buck only talked about being put on the list?
          Was never listed on the kill list!!

Comment

First, I'd get the members together or at least a firm list of rules and PENALTIES for violating those rules. Second, if you're going to put a buck or animal on a no kill list it needs to be done just prior to season or as soon as the animal is recognized as needing to be on the list and then make sure all members get that list.

Comment

Well he was never put on the list for sure but the member thought since he was probably 5.5 he was a shooter because 5.5 are older was fair game !! But remember this buck was on the the no kill list because we had pictures of him for the last two years on and off through the season!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                Well he was never put on the list for sure but the member thought since he was probably 5.5 he was a shooter because 5.5 are older was fair game !! But remember this buck was on the the no kill list because we had pictures of him for the last two years on and off through the season!

You are conflicting yourself in this post. The deer was or was not on the “no kill” list. You say it was not officially on the list but then it was put on the list. You cannot have it both ways.

Comment

[QUOTE=mww982;13752092]You are conflicting yourself in this post. The deer was or was not on the “no kill” list. You say it was not officially on the list but then it was put on the list. You cannot have it both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/. He was never put on the list but I agree I thought he was 5.5 and maybe we should put him on the list but never made it clear that he was on the list to all the members!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post

This post contradicts itself. The first sentence says he was not on a list, the last sentence says he was. Was or was he not on a list that all members had a copy of?

Comment

Yeah, I can see the problem.....

Comment

He never was on the kill list

Comment

Since the buck was not listed on a list prior to signing the agreement, he shot a buck that was 5.5 years old. Therefore, it will not stand up in court. If you cancel his lease out from under him without him breaking any written rules and a provided list, he has a lawsuit against you if he wishes. The buck has to be listed on the list that every member has a copy of. He made a valid, ethical, no rules broken kill.

Comment

He was listed on the no kill list before season

Comment

OK, let me get some clarification. You have a listing of animals that are not to be killed? and was this dear on this list? From what I am reading I see he is AND he is not on a list. Is this list a TO BE KILLED list or a DO NOT KILL list? And do all members have a copy or were notified of where to get the copy?

Comment

Working...
                              X